Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility Not showing all units on network

sweible

I am having a problem with the HU. I think.....WIN10, S3Advanced. I have 2 CBT16's connected via USB-485. One Unit is set to Unit ID 01 an the other is Unit ID 02. I can connect with the HU to each separately, Click refresh and everything appears to be working correctly. Then I connect the two in series, click the refresh I can only connect to the first Unit in the series. Bot connection light in the CBT's are constant (not Flashing), I have replaced both network cables, and swapped around RJ45 ports on the CBT's 

Should I be able to toggle between all Units in the HU or am I doing something wrong?

i finally got this working. unit ID 01 apears to have a damaged RJ45 jack on the board. It seems lose. i did a complete 180 flip around and its working now. It tried connecting another controller to the damaged RJ45 Port. Doesn't work.... As long as I use Unit ID 01 on the end of the series of controllers everything works. It's not a huge problem to always keep it at the end of the series, but I would like everything to work correctly. Does LOR have a service department that these can be sent in to be looked at?

Does LOR have a service department that these can be sent in to be looked at?

Absolutely. Create a ticket or email them.

If you are handy with soldering they will send you a replacement RJ45 connector for the board. What I've seen several times, the small finger type contacts, get pushed back and become stuck. Sometimes with small tweezers, you can pull them back up into their normal position and all will work. 

• The topic was locked