Light-O-Rama Forums

Badly stuck

Frankie Ireland

Hi All,

I am pretty sure that most people will read this post and shake their heads, but I am badly stuck and need help.

I'm from Ireland and a friend of mine who runs a paint ball and air soft gun arena asked me for help to design a new sequence for his business. I am a sound engineer and I never worked with lights, neither with LOR system. he told me he purchased the Lightorama system 2 years ago from an American supplier and in the box he had a Lightorama Showtime controller connected to a iDMX-1000 converter box and this attached to a g3mp3 mini Director. He also received a SD card with a sound and lighting sequence.

Now, Ive downloaded Lightorama software to a dedicated windows laptop and I designed a sequence with the sequence editor software, saved it and then put the sequence on a new SD card using the quick show editor. When I inserted the SD card in the Mini director the music started but no lights on.

I know i need to do a lot of thinking and I suspect the problem is on the channel configuration on the sequence editor. I can't find the right tutorial for the settings of this set up.. ( Showtime controller+DMX+ Mini Director ) can anyone help me?

Once I get this sorted I can use the same configuration and create more sequences for him..

Thanks in advance

Hi Frankie,

Welcome to the addiction er uh Hobby!

The simplest thing I can think to confirm is if the "control lights" box is checked under the play tab. If that's not checked the lights will not respond to anything. I only use DMX for smart pixels so sorry, can't help you with running a regular A/C controller in DMX mode. Hopefully someone else will.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Later,

Al

• Like 1

Have the controllers had their IDs setup?

If they haven't you will need to do that. If they have then find out what the IDs are and setup the channels in the sequence editor.

Have the controllers had their IDs setup?

If they haven't you will need to do that. If they have then find out what the IDs are and setup the channels in the sequence editor.

Thanks guys,

EmmienLightFan, the Id set up its done by pluging in the DMX controller to my pc with RS485 Adapter is it??

What is the license level of your software? If he didn't buy a license, its stuck in demo mode therefore no lights. I don't know if that applies to the director

Edited by dgrant
  • Like 2

What is the license level of your software? If he didn't buy a license, its stuck in demo mode therefore no lights. I don't know if that applies to the director

He is using an SD Card Player

+1 on using the verifier. I did a bunch of channel re-arranging this year and a couple days ago I made the changes to my Halloween sequence. After making the changes, I ran the verifier on just the one sequence and sure enough it caught a few errors. Fixed those and other than a couple hundred channels that are always off (expected), all is good. The GECE lights go up this weekend, so Sunday evening I should be able to test the sequence.

BTW, if you're wondering why several hundred channels not used, I have hundreds of RGB pixels that will only be orange, so the blue channel is unused.

• Like 1

Yes. That is how you do it.

Do you have the manual?

Thanks Emmien,

Unfortunately I don't have the manual.He doesn't have the USb adapter to connect to the DMX controller and he's asking me why I need it if the guy in Germany made a sequence for him on a SD card 1000 miles away. I just wonder what are the typical settings when preparing the sequence for the set up he has. Lightorama Showtime+DMX controller+ mini director. My guess is that the guy in Germany must have those settings to create a working sequence for my uncle. Im doing everything by the book.. i've tried all channel settings on my sequence editor.. there is something I am doing wrong, or many things... and I don't seem to get it right. Apologies for being a nuisance guys...

Edited by Frankie Ireland

If I read your post correctly. You had a sequence on the SD card. First question did that sequence work? If so load that on to the sequence editor on your computer and use that channel configuration.