Light-O-Rama Forums

How can I improve?

Arteom

Maybe you should consider some singing trees in the front yard. I've not done them yet but they might be a nice offset to everything else. A spiraled megatree, arches using intelligent RGB.

If you do decide to use arches,  I would recommend an odd number of channels, you get a better flow over the top, IMO. 

Let the debate begin, I know I have George Simmons on my side on this one.

I made three arches with five channels each. Each section was about a foot long. One controller with a left over channel. Just a thought?

Thoughts are good!

I was thinking of using a second controller and layer the 12' tree with white and multi colored lights. But that doesn't necessarily "add" anything. I am debating the leaping arches. 

I also really like this Martha Stewart idea, But I feel it will just blend in with all the white lights already on the house. 

la103058_1207_shstars_vert.jpg

I've been told Martha Stewart lights can burst into flames when used on LOR controllers.

That might be a real cool effect with her stars you show above. Instead of shooting stars - flaming stars.

I've been told Martha Stewart lights can burst into flames when used on LOR controllers.

That might be a real cool effect with her stars you show above. Instead of shooting stars - flaming stars.

Really? I don't have any MS branded lights, but this sounds like it could be fun. :D

Edited by Arteom

There has been at least one report of "Martha" lights catching fire when used with our controllers. So far, I've only seen them available at Home Depot. I actually bought 8 sets of them and only one set was tested when I saw they will not dim. They only work at %50 or %100. Yes, its because of the recitification, AC to DC but catching fire, I've not personally seen, but I read about it here in the forums happening to one person. Anyone want my sets of those lights, free to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

That might be a real cool effect with her stars you show above. Instead of shooting stars - flaming stars

Really? I don't have any MS branded lights, but this sounds like it could be fun. :D

Sounds like the perfect Fourth of July display or Halloween

• The topic was locked