Light-O-Rama Forums

Free Video Editing For All

EmmienLightFan

It is tricky at first. When you have the program set up the way you like it, and had some practice it gets easier and faster.

Would you mind having a look at this video on Facebook please. My sister uploaded it, so I don't have the original copy. I could probably get a copy but that may take some time. I am really very embarrassed by the quality of the audio and would like to show it off.

Thanks John

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204085176342281
Audio https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmb9krf53k0b3he/HOCS_Golbach.mp3?dl=0

Yeah I see. it really ruins that video. 

I will add the audio and try my best to stabilize the footage. It will come out at either 720p or 480p looking at the quality of the original, plus a bit of cropping the stabilizing will have.

After trying many methods, I have found that it is very hard to get a video off Facebook. I will try some more before I give up though.

I have just downloaded it. Found a sneaky little trick on YouTube to download videos from Facebook.

The raw video was a very low resolution. It up scales OK though.

Edited by EmmienLightFan

Finished. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6dCx7Jc8zNnNUdjb3dRNU83eGM/view?usp=sharing

I have stabilized the video, all but one bit, where it was so shaky that trying to stabilize it made it look much worse, and added the original audio. I think it looks, and sounds especially better, and will be good enough to show off with, at least until your next display!

Everybody else, please remember that this is not the quality most videos will come out at. The source video was at 240p and I have stretched it to 720p to slightly enhance the quality.

• Like 1

Wow. You really did an amazing job with what you had to work with. Thank you so much.

Last year I decided to leave the recording up to my sister,as she is the photographer in the family. Seeing that my camera broke all that was left to use was a iPhone I'm so happy to finally have something I can show off. I'm at work at the moment so I can't save it until tonight but it definitely brought a twinkle to my eye viewing it on my phone.

Thanks heaps

John.

Thanks. How annoying that the camera broke. 

Any way, you may find the video looks a little grainy but it should be OK.

So... I'm ready for another!

Is it possible to rename a thread and edit the first post?

Edited by EmmienLightFan

I believe that your request can be done by one of the Moderators. Maybe pm them, I'm sure they wont mind as they are such nice people like yourself.

Yes. The title has been changed. :)

It wasn't the mods but the admin who can do this.

Edited by EmmienLightFan

Yet another bump... Last bump of the week.

I might have some audio for you..just putting my ideas together for my intro song

• Like 1

Hey EmmienLightFan,

This is a very gererous offer, very cool of you to do this. I do have a question though, is there nothing that can be done for out of focus on an existing video? I have 4 videos on my website, two are of individual songs and two are the first and second part of my entire 20+ minute show. I use a regular 12 MP digital camera that also has a movie option. I always have blurry sections during my videos and plan to hire a professional or a college student to video my future shows. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

Al

Hey Rwertz,

Yeah it does sound like that and that's what it looks like. The camera only has the one movie projector icon on the wheel on top of the housing. I'll check the menu settings to see if I can put it in manual focus.

Thanks for the tip.

Al

I just posted but it looks like it didn't come up.

It is (almost) impossible to recover out of focus video.

Always use a manual focus mode, if possible. The camera tries to adjust to the light levels, and in a light show, that is always changing.

Use the camera on a tripod, and don't zoom unless you know what you are doing.

Do you know which camera it is?