Light-O-Rama Forums

Free Video Editing For All

EmmienLightFan

I spend a lot of time editing videos for YouTubers and stuff, and I have decided to edit videos (For free) of peoples light shows.

I can just add the music to the video, or can edit multicam video and add effects, transitions and stuff.

I prefer to edit with >720p video but can do anything. More resolution details are below.

The video will look professional, in HD, and will allow people on the internet to see your display wherever they are, in the best quality possible.

If the video already exists on YouTube, I can download that and use that. Otherwise use one of the methods below (Not in any particular order of preference):

1. Google Drive - This is the most preferred. Share it with Benc525@gmail.com or send a link to it (Must be set to "Anybody with the link can access") on here or by Email.

2. Dropbox - Many use Dropbox on here. I can easily download it if you just send me a link by Email or on here.

3. Any other - online file sharing system (i.e, MediaFire, Microsoft SkyDrive/OneDrive, iCloud, Mega, 4Shared)

4. YouTube - (Public, Unlisted or Private and shared with Benc525@gmail.com. Send me a link by Email or on here)

5. Email - Some Email services do allow over 5mb, but that will be the limit for most. Audio and small videos can be sent to Benc525@gmail.com, and so can information and requests.

6. The Forums - Attach the video/audio to your post, remember others can access it, so if you don't want that use another method.

Please send me the audio, especially If the audio has been edited in some way or is a mix or anything was changed.

The video will be sent back to you by Google Drive. (You can download it and do as you wish)

Send any information/images/advertisements/sponsors/text cards/videos/audio you would like me to include, and tell me where you would like it.

For the technical people:

I edit videos with Adobe Premier Pro CS6, and add effects with Adobe After Effects, and graphics with Photoshop

I will render at 1080p if the largest footage I get is 1080p, and the same for 720p, unless asked for at a specific resolution. Any video given to me at lower than HD will be upscaled to 720p, making it look more professional and slightly improving the quality.

I always render at 16:9, for YouTube and Vimeo, and I have presets for both, so please include where the video will be going when you send me the footage.

I won't stop you for copyright reasons. Just be careful and don't monetize it or advertise on it if the audio is not your creation. I learnt that last year.

• Like 2

This is a very generous offer.  I'm sure people who are challenged in this area will take you up on this.   I actually enjoy doing my own editing using Sony Vegas.

Can I send you my 6 camera multicam files??? :-)

- very generous offer...

I'm an amateur to be sure, but its amazing how much better your videos look when you add even a single extra angle to the typical straight-away recording!

I really enjoy creating videos. My second hobby.

Please do send me the videos. use any of the methods mentioned in my original post please. :)

I will usually have the video completed within three days.

I'm on travel but when I get home I will see if I can figure out how to get them off my videocam into the format you need.  I appreciate the offer.  For sure none of mine are going to win a contest but I would like to at least show my friends I'm not totally crazy.

I may get a new LOR account soon. Don't be alarmed if somebody else is responding on this thread.

Here's a hint for getting a multicam look with only one camera.

Shoot your song from a tripod all the way through from that one location, lights and music. Move the tripod to another location and shoot again. You don't need to shoot the whole number on this second location. Move again, shoot again.

Now supply all those videos and the original MP3 file for the number. When this gets edited down, it will have spectacular sound without road noise and voices, and it will have professional cutaways all synced up to the continuous music from the first shot.

That's how I shoot my videos.

Very generous offer,  will you be available  for future shows coming up this season?  I will make sure to take video.

Of course. I will be able to any time. The time it takes may vary as I am trying to get all props built in the summer.

Shoot your song from a tripod all the way through from that one location, lights and music. Move the tripod to another location and shoot again. You don't need to shoot the whole number on this second location. Move again, shoot again.

Now supply all those videos and the original MP3 file for the number. When this gets edited down, it will have spectacular sound without road noise and voices, and it will have professional cutaways all synced up to the continuous music from the first shot.

That is how I do mine (But with two cameras). I normally record a whole show then move the camera the next day, and film every night for a week or so. I use a smaller camera for handheld close-ups of interesting bits, and sometimes use split screen to show different areas of the display or some nice fancy extreme close-ups of the matrix with fancy focusing or something.

I tried this and the only catch for me is I like shooting video at dusk, but before its pitch black outside. This way you still can see the outline of the house and its not blindingly bright lights only.

THAT screws up the plan to shoot at different times because the light changes :-(

Nice display! Yes, I can do them like that.

I am compiling a list of tips when recording with cameras and drones.

If you had posted this back in December, I would have seriously abused the offer. This year I tried doing some multi angle videos using Adobe Elements 12, and it is tricky.