Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP Color

Rod Pauley

I have an matrix 25X20 using 5 LOR Cosmic Color Pixel and can not seem to control the brightness correctly. Example I loaded BubblesRiseand Pop.scb from the clip board and then just selected the Bubble,red and modified it so it was just in the center of my display. It looks great on Super Star Sequencer but after exporting it Sequencer and playing it all the red look the same brightness intead of fading out on the edges. Is this a limitation of CCP or is there some way to correct it? If it is a limitation of CCP should I have purchased something else? It is not only this image but all of them do this........ I just gave that as example.......

Thank you

Rod

most the time it looks alot different on the compute rather than when you actually see the lights in realtime

you can see the fades better if you hook up the lights and watch the sequence

i had similar issues but the lights look good when you watch them rather then it on the computer

Edited by john fulkerson

I have always noticed that it looks different color in the sequencer but like John said it will look fine with the actual lights.

I did hook up the lights...... I understand that it will look different on computer screen but could not see any difference in fades on the lights themself

This may seem like a dumb question, but it's not. How close were you to the lights? The CCPs are bright enough that if you're close, it's so bright that it can be hard to tell the difference. Go walk across the street...

Also the dimming curve on an LED is such that to look like much of a dim, you have get a long way down from full.

I didnt think that was such a dumb question........ I had been checking it from about 10 feet away so I went and tried it from 75 feet in the dark and still could not see any difference between full red and min red.

I agree that the dimming curve for an LED is not linear....... from past experience seems like from 50% to 100% not much noticable change. But even using the hardware utility and the console to test lights seems like 1-7 I can see a difference but between 7-50 very little difference and 50 -100 looks the same to me....... Might be my old eyes...... Guess I was hoping for a little more visible control

Thanks for you inputs all

I never paid any attention to the fading of the ccps in my display as my eyes were mostly focused on the ccr Matrix & how it looks, & watching from the window of the house everyone who saw the display were too focused on the ccr Matrix as well. 

Anyhow when I get the time I will need to check out this dimming thing on my ccp controllers. I am not to worried about it because of how I use them in my display.  Some ccp strings stay lite up on the house, the arches looked good but I can watch my videos & see. I didn't dim the ccp trees so that's no help. 

• 9 months later...

I am fighting the same thing - in order to provide enough contrast between colors if one is a background and another is the action, the background has to be somewhere below 10% to be at all noticeably below 100%. Then of course it's impossible to see the intensity ramps/fades on the editor grid.

And then there's the saying I always fall back on: "I'm lucky it works at ALL."  :rolleyes:

• The topic was locked