Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Controller vs. Regular Controller

snalye

Hello everyone!

So I have a question, Do you need to get a regular controller for RGB or do you have to use a RGB controller? And also, I am just getting started with Light o Rama so I am still learning so bear with me :P

Thanks for reading and Shine on!

All LOR RGB products, being the Cosmic Color Pixels/Bulbs/Ribbons come with their own controller. If you purchase one of these items from LOR (or from us) then you would get the controller with it be default.

You could run an entire display with only Cosmic Color Devices and never use a single 16 channel AC controller. The AC controllers are only needed to control 'regular' Christmas lights; mini's, C7/9, incandescent or LED strings.

You may also purchase the LOR 24 channel dc controller for rgb. This will allow 8 separate rgb devices to be controlled, one channel for red, one for green and one for blue 8 times.

This is used to control dumb rgb. Each light on the string will be the same color. The devices Don is talking about is known as smart rgb or pixels. Each light, or pixel, is controlled separately.

There are also other companies that produce both smart and dumb controllers. Dmx is also a way to control rgb lights.

Lots of information on this subject in these forums. So look around and decide what you want to do and ask any questions before you buy.

• The topic was locked