Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I get These Controllers to Work with LOR?

EmmienLightFan

I saw these cheap and easy to use controllers on the internet.

Would it be possible to use them with LOR?

They do 8 channels and only that company's lights, but are quite cheap.

http://www.syncrolight.co.uk/syncrolight-controllers.aspx

Also, they do have a weird data cable. Only 3 pin.

Thanks

Define "with LOR"?  With LOR Software S3?  Along side existing LOR controllers?

I recommend asking the manufacturer, I'm sure they've heard of LOR.

They MIGHT be DMX, but id not see anything on the site to say that was the case.  If DMX, then yes - otherwise no.

Hello. I have loved watching animated displays all my life and have wanted one for the past 3 years. I have chosen Light-O-Rama as the system to go with after many hours research but I am unsure of what the first step in creating a display is.

I am in the UK, and as we have 250v outlets, most lights use DC power supplies and outdoor incandescent are very scarce (And the available outdoor incandescent are actually mostly DC powered)

I already have a static display, containing mainly LED and few incandescent.

There is another lighting system called SynchroLights which I like the look of, and they supply some of their own lights with special connectors, but I prefer the LOR software and AC controllers. Would it be possible for me to plug their USB dongle into my PC and have the LOR software control them as it would any LOR device?

Link:

http://www.syncrolight.co.uk/

Anyway, I understand that dimming DC supplies is not possible, but is it possible to just use the on/off features of the AC controllers to control them? It should just be like turning the power off at the switch? Right?

If this would work, then thats OK, but dimming would be nice, so I have seen I could use a DC board, but I don't want to damage my lights, either by removing the power jacks and cutting the wires or by messing up something electronically.

Could I connect a DC board to female power jacks and connect the lights to it like that?

Female power jacks:

female_dc_jack.jpg

The problem with DC boards would be finding a power supply capable of delivering power.

I have a few "connectable" lights which have several lights running off the same power supply all connected together. If I just put the power supply into a dc board, and made some adapters so I could connect the light's strange connectors to the DC board, it should be dimmable and stuff I guess.

1.5A_Power_Supply_8_Function_Controller.

I have seven indoor simple silhouette lights (Incandescent, Yay) that should be easy, and two indoor welcome lights very similar.

I have two 5050 RGB strips, so I think I can use the LOR to DMX then use a DMX RGB controller for those.

Can I control and sequence them just like any LOR lights, or would I be typing in DMX values or RGB values?

If any information is incorrect, please tell me and if there is anything I can do better, I would love to know.

There is another lighting system called SyncroLights which I like the look of, and they supply some of their own lights with special connectors, but I prefer the LOR software and AC controllers. Would it be possible for me to plug their USB dongle into my PC and have the LOR software control them as it would any LOR device?

Link:

http://www.syncrolight.co.uk/

could be possible if you change the micro controller with a pic18f2620 programmed by lightorama.  but after all the hassle of that you would probably be better off just buying a lightorama controller. 

• The topic was locked