Light-O-Rama Forums

How many networks should I have?

MartinB

This is my second year.  Last year I ran everything on One (1) network, but I am thinking I should have more.  My show ran well for the most part last year. Although a couple of times I saw things lag a bit.  Here are the number of devices I have:

4 times CTB16-PC

2 times CMD24D

10 times CCP/CCB for outline of house and yard

6 time CCP for MegaTree (new for 2014)

I have done some searching around, but couldn't find any recommendations. 

As long as they are 500k networks, you could probably squeak by with 1. However, I would suggest at least 2.

If it's me splitting up the networks, I put the MegaTree on its own network, and everything else on its own network.

The official answer is, "no."

The unofficial answer ... try it and see if it will work. Odds are not in your favor thought.

With that adapter, I would recommend a minimum of 3, possibly 4 networks.

I have two sets of ELL's this year although at this instant, only using 1 set. I too am concerned with too much on one buss and will find out in about 2 weeks from now. Last year, 112 AC channels only and it ran fine. This year, 144 AC channels, added 2 CMB24's using only 30 channels out of those, all on the same buss at this moment. I've also added a pixel tree and two firesticks with pixels too but those are on a wireless E1.31 network of its own. I may elect to separate the LOR buss into 2 networks. Sort of depends on what I see once I get Christmas put out and connected.

• The topic was locked