Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Videos 2014

CLD Kevin

Kevin, did you do all the sequencing for this in S3 or did you use other sequencers as well.  I'm curious how you did the fire effect and some of the outline movement mixing in areas of white between the colors.  I've done similar effects using Madrix but never with a timed sequence grid.  I normally just buy your sequences off your site so I can reverse engineer them to learn your tricks :) but these new ones are not up.  Great work as always!

There is a fire effect in Nutcracker.. that would be my guess.

Kevin, heard more about your 7:30 show on KFI and your permit being granted. You should have a great turn out now!

I lowered my volume and a guy came with a battery powered amp! Ha! Luckily nobody combined.

My wife has been ready for us to get a permit all along.

Congrats and be on touch soon!

Thanks all. Getting the permit was the best. It was super packed tonight. We had 2 shows....6:30pm 7:30pm. About 1000 at first and 1500 at the second. Check out my FB page for pictures. I ask people to post pics that were there. My councilman showed up that help get us the permit. So he saw first hand the traffic, people and noise. He actually said I could turn up the volume. It wasn't loud. Traffic wasn't too bad at all. Overall very positive.

• Like 1

Kevin,

Sounds like a super evening and the councilman showing up shows the great support.

Glad to hear all went well.

Tom

Good on you mate love it your work is so good hope my christmas show dose not get shut down like that but good to see it is running again some people do not know ho much time that goes into doing this I have spent hours and hours just putting my lights up and still not done keep doing what you are doing mate

Brent kalgoorlie W.A

Kevin, did you do all the sequencing for this in S3 or did you use other sequencers as well.  I'm curious how you did the fire effect and some of the outline movement mixing in areas of white between the colors.  I've done similar effects using Madrix but never with a timed sequence grid.  I normally just buy your sequences off your site so I can reverse engineer them to learn your tricks :) but these new ones are not up.  Great work as always!

There is a fire effect in Nutcracker.. that would be my guess.

Boborino is correct. Used Nutcracker for some of the effects. Madrix is another option.

Glad to hear your show is back. I was glad to watch new videos of my favorite pumpkins.

I will never forget the feeling I had when I heard the pumpkin sing "Gotta get get" back in 2009. I thought  how can he do that ? I watched a lot of videos  to learn the "how to" throughout the year and then in 2010 I had a Singing Snowman in front of my house. :)
Thanks again Kevin for what you brought to me and the community in general.

And this year I'm added a third character : a Teddy Bear.

• Like 1

Boborino is correct. Used Nutcracker for some of the effects. Madrix is another option.

Thanks Keven and Boborino!