Light-O-Rama Forums

Many Questions on RGB & CMD24D

Christmas

• 1 month later...

Thanks Don for all of you help...took a little while to figure out the software and thank you for the sample files to learn from....got RGBs up on the windows even used them during halloween while playing and learning how to program what I wanted them to do....

I really really want to do a mega tree but I think I will be waiting until 2015 to even attempt that mess LOL. The lady of the house never saw the sales receipts (or hasn't seen them yet) LOL so far so good....she asks what was the costs and all I have answered is....you wanted a new car you got it...I wanted some new toys and got them too.

Once again THANK YOU DON FOR YOUR HELP ! ! ! I cant say thank you enough

For the poster that suggested "leg work" no you didnt offend me at all....but if you have no clue where to start looking...nor really how to ask or what to be asking its kind of hard to do the leg work wondering around in the dark with the feeling of being totally lost and without a clue. I know so many of you guys have been doing this for years and for many it is second nature to you....to someone that in the past only put up the old timer lights none of which worked to any music at all....some had their own little controllers built in and would only do a chase or fades

As the year presses on I'll buy a little here and there to work on replacing the old lights with newer leds.....still looking at those mega trees....those are just fricken awesome to watch

Edited by toddwright

When you get ready to start on a pixel tree, by all means, come ask. Send me a PM if you want. I'll help all I can. 

There are a ton of folks doing the Pixel Mega Trees. That said, there are also a lot of ways to construct the structure to hold the Pixel strings or Strips. I will be happy to share what I've learned, pros and cons to how I've done my 3 different structures over the last few years. It's a task that will take a few weekends to complete depending on how you want/decide to make the structure. Then there's the "How do I attach the pixels" part. There are several different ways to do this and everybody does it different. 

After the first of the year, design a plan on the pixel tree on how you want to do it and what you'd like to show your viewers. Once the plan is final, then we can help you pick out a design on how to do it.

Take a peek at this thread, http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/33305-ccr-tree-designs/

and you will be able to see some of the different ways to accomplish this major task.

Good luck,

Ron

too late...done purchased the starsequencer software....then had to purchase the upgrade to allow to edit all of the 8 cables.....think I could get a refund for that software I dont need? yea I doubt it too....chalk it up to learning the hard way just would like to see it spelled out where a paramedic with a college degree could understand it....

Just cause you have a college degree. Does not make you a rocket scientist either. This is a whole new ball of wax and you will need to read and study for this kind of stuff. That is why I usually tell people if you dont start reading and putting things together in Jan. Dont expect to do a show the first year. Good Luck