Light-O-Rama Forums

Change sequenced channel from dim to on/off

eravndal

Sorry Orv, but the quote you referenced in post #36 had absolutely nothing to do with you. It was in response to Pete's question regarding the OP (Original Poster) in the post immediately preceding the one you quoted.

I'm glad you finally followed the instructions that David and I have been trying to get you to follow since Friday evening. As mentioned previously - the foreground & background tools are definitely worth learning.

Sorry George, thought that may have been directed at me, my apologies to you sir.

As for that background/foreground tool: Yes, they are, YES THEY ARE! :)  ;)

Thank you very much for getting me straightened out on that one.  I really was unaware of it.

See George, YOU can teach an old dog new tricks. :P  :lol:

My first year, somehow, I managed to create this nice looking fade on my megatree and I remember doing something to reverse it. So last season, I went to do it again and for the life of me, it wouldn't work. I couldn't find a tool or anything that would make this happen. I even posted here in the forums and everyone said it wasn't possible. I contacted LOR and they too said it wasn't possible....yet I had done it! So given that I thought I was either crazy or magical in some weird way, I finally gave up, till I saw this posting about the foreground and background differences. Sure enough, this must have been the way I did it, accidently and reading this thread and going back and looking at the tutorial, I see what I did. I learned a lot real fast and happy about that. I'm still very much a newbie in my view and learning all the time, the things that the rest of you take for granted. That's the purpose of these forums, to exchange ideas, thoughts, help/assistance and so on!

BTW: tried the foreground/background tools today {Sun. 8/24/2014}, thank you to all that got me straightened out on this option.   I can now make changes and editing much, much faster than I ever could the way I "had" been doing it.  What a great timesaver! :D

George, maybe you need to post step by step instructions for Orville on how to play mp4's. You seem to relate and speak his "language" per se, so it might work.

George, maybe you need to post step by step instructions for Orville on how to play mp4's. You seem to relate and speak his "language" per se, so it might work.

Or perhaps we'll just leave well enough alone. MP4s are over-rated anyway. Besides, I wasn't that long ago that I got threads closed and warning points racked up for trying to speak Orv's language...  :rolleyes:

Edited by George Simmons

If I can download them as "converted" files to another format {MPG, AVI} I can get them to play.   But I absolutely can not get MP4 extension files to play on my system.   Fortunately DVDVideoSoft software can sometimes come to the rescue for some, but not all files in MP4 convert correctly, if at all.

And I agree with George that MP4 is overrated, just like HD over analog is just as overrated in my opinion!   I got better reception and less issues with old style analog TV's and antennas, HD TV's are not worth the cost, their signals via antenna crap out worse than any analog set I ever owned.

Sorry you got warning points and threads closed George, but you and I do it too, we both sometimes come across with a tone in our message that we don't mean to inflect.   And I've gotten it a lot worse than any warning points.  But I'm not even going to get into that discussion.

So now I have a related question to the background programming options. Is there any way to select a field of lights, with dims and fades, alter the color for all of the selected as in the case of RGB's and keep the fades and etc...? Sort of like changing white to blue without changing the fades, twinkles and etc...for a selected field without needing to change each RGB individually...change in mass as such.

Edited by dgrant

Yes  you can.     But in a very limited and structured way.       Not so easy to move from one custom color to a particular shade.

Its very easy to rotate your color 120 degrees either direction on your color wheel.   Just open up your first pixel of the string to see the  R G B.   In the simplest case you have R fades and intensities end to end on the pixel.   Just put the whole thing in your clip board, then paste it back into the G or B to make the entire thing that color.  If you want to go to from red to purple or yellow or white, use your paste from foreground setting and the entire pixel range will change for you except maybe the top pixel you may need to clear the R.   

If you want to go from a blended color to a single you can do that too.  Say white to blue.   Copy and paste into a RGB break out area.  Clear the red and green then copy again and paste back into your original sequence.  An example of doing this can be seen in this video.