Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB LED Strip lighting color not what I have programmed.

rcolving

I have a CMB24D DMX Card and have a 5050 - 60LED/M - IP65 RGB Strip connected to it.  In my sequence I have Orange programmed as a color but My strip is not lighting as orange.  The majority of my other colors are accurate.  What I'm trying to find out is there a way I can pause with the strip on to figure out what color to select in the sequencer to get the color I want?

If your CMB24 card is on the LOR network, use the Hardware Utility to bring those channels up and play with them.

Somewhere on this forum is a chart someone made for various color combination.

If it's running DMX, use Xlights.

Orange is probably one of the hardest colors to get.  Once you are happy with color, save it as a tool, makes it easier to program later.  My wish is that we can label the tools for what they are.

Set red to 255, green to 125 and blue to 1, for a starting point.

Edited by scubado

• 1 month later...

I remembered this thread and did some orange in some customer Nichia LED strips with gamma correction of 2.5.   DM412 chips with BAM and PWM

My orange was real good with Red 255  Green  80  Blue 10

What I hate is not all strips, strings, modules, floods, ect mixing colors are not the same even sometime from the same vendor. It's really no ones fault....the manufactures seem to make led "improvements" which change the color intensity. In 2011, to make orange all my strips, mods and flood were 100% red and 50% green....strings were 100% red and 40% green. Now with current strips, strings, ect....those setting won't work. Some stuff I had to replace, so those setting I would have to change. Actually I'll probably leave it as-is and now the main color for Halloween is a yellowish orange :-)