Light-O-Rama Forums

Running DMX cable to multiple controllers

RoboticBrad

You guys are the best, thanks for all the help!! These forums have been a life saver. I'm out on the roof finishing my extension cords before the rain comes in. I'll try and solder 4 wires rather than 2 and see if that works. My soldering skills (if you can call them that) are very limited... if some of the solder from one pad touches the other pad it won't work, right? I get a little shaky when I'm in such a tight spot and I'm always afraid I'm going to ruin it. I wish I had bought the XLR adapters, these aren't something you can find at any electronic stores are they?

Thanks again

In the video he states he used white/orange and white/brown. Don't use the brown. You want like Sax pic. White/orange and Orange which uses that first 2 pins of the cat5 cable.

I don't know where you can get the XLR to cat5 adapters locally. Find them easy online (eBay, Amazon, ect). I have them too. But because your limited on time, soldering to the pad would be the quickest and yes you don't want to touch the other points together. Use a very small tip and tin the wire.

• The topic was locked