Light-O-Rama Forums

the wife has snapped the wallet shut

bschwotzer

Ah yes. Just as long as we all know the priorities. Utilities, mortgage, bills then toys. Christmas comes but once a year. A miserable spouse can make you pay dearly the rest of the time. However, it's always a blessing when they enjoy it as much as you do. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• indi

• Santas Helper

• rainyoregonchristmas

• bschwotzer

LOL!! I guess I'm pretty lucky. Kids are grown and out on there own, no mortgage. The Queen has been with me for 43 years and getting grumpy in her  old age, well so am I.  But, who knows. Normally I get socks or shirts things like that for Christmas, but last year I almost feel through the floor when she got me a very very expensive guitar. Felt pretty bad, I got her a $30.00 hoodie. Well that's what she said she wanted. I guess I better raise my sites a little higher this year. HA!!! At least she enjoys the light show as much as I do.

This is what I do. I buy magazines and books from libraries and craigslist all year. And sale them on eBay.  Then I make all my purchases from paypal.  And my wife is OK with it. 

Brilliant! That's thinking with your dipstick!

Wow, really EvilM0nkey?    I haven't seen any posts or comments in this thread that sounds anything like that.

But since you put it that way, this is for you:

Wahhhhh, wahhhhhh, MOMMMMMMEEEEE, my "spouse" {make it wife or husband depending on case} won't let me spend any more monry on my display.  "Spouse" won't allow me to get all the controllers I need or want to do what I need to do.   Why won't "spouse" allow me the funds for what I need.  Will you please talk to "spouse" for me mommy?  I really need to spend all this money on props, lights, controllers, fm transmitters, extension cords and any other things I need to make my display the biggest and best in the neighborhood.   Wahhhhhhh, wahhhhh, please talk to my "spouse" so I can get everything I need.....Wahhhhhh wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm sorry, but I just could not resist. :P  :lol:  :D

That's pretty much what about 1/4 of the posts in this thread look like to me. Good impersonation!

Either that or my spouse and I refuse to work together on financial issues so we just do our own thing and act like we're in a joint venture instead of a married couple.

That's pretty much what about 1/4 of the posts in this thread look like to me. Good impersonation!

Either that or my spouse and I refuse to work together on financial issues so we just do our own thing and act like we're in a joint venture instead of a married couple.

I do know that feeling on your last line, that's what my first wife was like, so I can relate to that.   I'd say that's probably the biggest reason we got divorced in the first place. LOL

I guess I am also lucky. My wife loves the lights.

We started small seven years ago.

Last year we were at 11,000 blue LEDs on the house.

My neighbors pushed me to animate last Christmas.

December 26 I bought 14,000 more lights. The wife just thought I was nuts.

I walked into each store, grabbed a buggy, went back to the LED shelf and put every box on the shelf in the buggy.

We hit about fifteen stores that day.

I too started this year with one 16 channel.

When I started hanging lights in October, I realized 16 was not enough. I bought another.

Now I realize that next year I want five more.

You know, cost of the controller isn't that bad.

She only gave me a very little bit of crap once.

Wal-Mart...

Yep. We rolled up to the checkout. My cheapest extension cord was16.97 and the most expensive was 27.97.

There were 40 extension cords in the cart. Ouch!

Fortunately, we do a lot of dead people auctions. (Estate auctions)

I was able to acquire 50-60 smaller cords throughout the year. This saved me quite a bit.  

Next year, I will have my controllers closer to the different displays.

But I will still need more cords.

So keep this in mind every time you pass a yard sale.

One yard sale cord can save you $$$.

• The topic was locked