Light-O-Rama Forums

VirtualBox Users & os X Mavericks

zeighty

I run LOR 3.9 on my MacBook Pro in a VB (VirtualBox) Windows XP Pro environment. It works great. 

Are any of you Mac users doing likewise and if so, have any upgraded VB to the most current release and to Mavericks? 

I have Mavericks on my work MacBook Air and I like it - a lot. 

Please share your experiences.  

I do not think November is a good time to consider so many upgrades and I will hold off until January. I also need to upgrade Windows XP to Win 7.

I know that LOR software is complex and it would take "ground up" development, but it would be so nice to have a os-X version. I would buy it (re: not expecting a free upgrade). Heck, I volunteer to beta test it or even alpha test it. 

Hell Z80

I do think more users than LOR expects use a mac in any form with a virtual environment, like VB, Fusion, Parallels, or with bootcamp.

And it is already a wish of many macusers to have a native Mac version of the blinky software that is currently available.

Maybee some manufacturers will notice that a mac is not rare, but very common used and compile for a mac version. ( the need to upgrade their skills :-))   )

Let us keep up the faith that it will happen sometime.

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

• Like 1

Trickyd thanks for the support!  

Okay LOR.... We have a second of my motion. Let's see it happen!  

Mac User Unite!

• 2 months later...

I use my MacBook Pro to design and test.  I do this with virtualbox running XP Pro like you mentioned.  I also use shared network storage so that my MacBook and my old Compaq Presario (running XP Home Edition) can see one set of files.  It's the Presario that runs the shows.  I don't really have any problems with this set up.  I think the only thing I need that I don't have is the ability to remote desktop into the Presario.  Rather than than install a 27" iMac to run shows, I would like to see an appliance like a thin client or a LOR Show Director that can handle E1.31 at a level sufficient enough to sucessfully and reliably stream a high data rate to hundres of thousands of pixels and lights with music and video from a shared file resource that can be managed remotely.  That would be sweet!  Maybe even a licenseing structure that would allow only one design license but unlimited players.

P.S.  I wouldn't turn down the 27" iMac but I would just use it to deisgn and test.