Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel issues or something else

DEEDEE

I am new LOR User.  I am using 3 units running on one regular network. I purchased some sequences-I am not good in sequencing myself and don't have extra time and Halloween is very close.  Sequences are made for 4 monster faces (8 channels per face)and strange thing is happening...I set up the display, the faces and bunch of pumpkins (8 total-1 pumpkin per channel)and on some sequences it looks like the channels are misbehaving, there's this song from Glee-Stop Believing and there's a part where there's a solo female singing...the sequence shows monster-face #2 singing but nothing is happening on my display-all faces are off (I checked the set up, compared the sequence channels and my channels -they are OK, but on that part where the solo singing is the monsters are off-and one should be on, and then as the song continues, the channels are behaving normal and all the faces are on as they should be, synchronized....and this is happening with at least 5 other sequences that I have...they will start fine and then (for some song in the middle and some songs at the begging of the song) channels are not responding, nothing is happening, and then as song continue, channels will respond as all is fine...I am sorry for lack of better explanation, but I don't have no clue where to start with this problem....Thank You

If the channels are not duplicated anywhere, and you have looked at the sequences to make sure the channels  truly are supposed to be on or off at a given time, perhaps try a new cat 5 cable, and/or run the verifier to see if there are any things that pop up there.

Thanks, I'll try new cat 5...did run diagnostic but that really doesn't tell ME anything...I really don't know what should I be looking for....

To me, it sounded like either a channel conflict issue(which the verifier would point out) or a communications issue, which the Cat 5 is usually the culprit..I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Do you have any CFL's connected to your controllers, or possibly on the same circuit as the conrollers.  These can interfere with the controllers and cause strange things to happen.

Also it sounds like you may be running this from the sequence editor.  I had some flaky problems doing this in the past, as soon as I put the sequence in a show and ran the show the problem cleared up.

Jerry

No CFL's connected...  

Yes, I am running the the sequence from the sequence editor, so I'll try to run the sequences from the show...thank you...this is good start...I'am gonna try to run the sequences from show and if that doesn't clears the problem I'll replace the cat 5 cable...

I tied out your sequence.  Once I moved it to my main computer, it ran without the stated issues.  So your programming is fine.  Time to follow-up on the suggestions others have listed.  Something in your hardware setup is giving you grief,

Edited by Liberty-Laser

I changed cat 5 cables last night and I run the sequences from the show editor....nothing changed:(( same issue...

I run the verifier- most sequences has the message: no errors or warnings found...some have message 28 that the channel is completely off (should I remove that channel or leave it, does that makes channels to misbehave)?

I am going to check one more time my connections with LOR's and units set up-but verifier should pint that out, I am guessing...

The only other think I can think to try is a controller reset.

The procedure for that depends on which controller you have.  The reset instructions should be in the manual that came with your controller.

If you can post the model of your controller we may be able to give you the procedure.

Jerry

Did the reset on the controllers and run couple of sequences  and issue was resolved....Thank you all very,very much for all the inputs....:))