Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with my CMB24D

TalegaHoliday

I just got the CMB24D. I get it configured

So I start testing my RGB "Dumb" strips. 

I put a tail on a strip. Then I plug a strip into channel 1. Works great!

I move onto putting the next tail on the next strip. Done. I decide to plug it into channel 2. I do that and ONLY, red and blue are working. So, i think weird… Ill try plugging the strip into channel 1 to see if I wired the strip wrong… I plug it into channel 1, and THE STRIP WORKS GREAT (green included)!!

I plug the strip that was originally in channel 1 into channel 2. No green. So there definitely is a problem with green on channel two. I thought maybe it wasn't connected to the board all the way. It checked and it seemed fine. Then I decided to take it out and reattach it. I unscrewed it from the terminal and reattached it. Then tested it.Still no green.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I just got the CMB24D. I get it configured

So I start testing my RGB "Dumb" strips. 

I put a tail on a strip. Then I plug a strip into channel 1. Works great!

I move onto putting the next tail on the next strip. Done. I decide to plug it into channel 2. I do that and ONLY, red and blue are working. So, i think weird… Ill try plugging the strip into channel 1 to see if I wired the strip wrong… I plug it into channel 1, and THE STRIP WORKS GREAT (green included)!!

I plug the strip that was originally in channel 1 into channel 2. No green. So there definitely is a problem with green on channel two. I thought maybe it wasn't connected to the board all the way. It checked and it seemed fine. Then I decided to take it out and reattach it. I unscrewed it from the terminal and reattached it. Then tested it.Still no green.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks!

Did you solder the tail on your strip?  Are you doing any extension and what are you using, where you getting wire and cables?  Thanks.  Hope you got everything fixed.  I'm in my planning stages still so sorry I couldn't help answer anything for you.

are you using 3 channels per strip ? I have 4 cmb24s running with no problem did you change channels on sequence grid to rgb

you people with these  boards....what are you using as a power  supply...im trying to use 4 wire led strips  that are dumb strips

what type of wire you using to connect to the boards...

as I'm not an electrician and its a new game to me...I'm getting excited to get it all up and running as my displays are ready  but want to make sure i use right power supply and not fry my boards..any one uses phone or  data cables to  do the trick to wire the led strips to the 12 volt boards... both  the  cmb16d  and the cmb24b...  any help and tips are deeply and muchly appreciated

thanks to you all...and lets get the shows going

slick_jerry

can i test these boards using a 2 amp power supply  attached to the secondary feed at the top of the bord...or will this not fire up the electronics in the board....

thanks

slick_jerry

• The topic was locked