Light-O-Rama Forums

Anybody Interested In Having A Sequencing Contest (for fun)

PMC

We have Judge #2

And maybe I should be Judge #3?? other Judges,,,,, your thoughts?

I was going to take the song and edit it down, when we all decide which is the best to do the sequence to

PMC:  If you would like to enter the contest I could volunteer since 99% of my display has been sequenced by others. I would enter if there was last place winner.(LOL)  I may not be able to sequence but I do know if the parameters of the sequence look good

Edited by gmac

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Simmons

• PMC

• Brian Mitchell

• 75redman

in addition to judges why not have a survey post with all the entries and have all members vote, guess that won't work if there are 100 entries :P

Edited by james campbell

in addition to judges why not have a survey post with all the entries and have all members vote, guess that won't work if there are 100 entries :P

Great Idea

I just hope everyone will share what they come up with, because I haven't even ordered my first controller yet and I'm already lost, but I sure do enjoy watch everyones videos, awesome work yall people do,  I can't wait to get started.

you don't have to have your physical display up and running, were just doing a contest on Sequence Editor, with the visualizer

I never used the visualizer because it slowed my system down and I didn't really get the hang of putting all the props.. Hense, no time to play with it.. 

Newby here.  

I bought my controllers and software about two weeks ago.  

I have done one sequence in 8 channels to Dueling Banjo's.

Could be interesting, I'll follow the thread.

Dennis

George, 

Do you want to be Simon or Randy?

I hope this doesn't disqualify me, but I don't have a clue who Randy is...

Nevertheless, I'm thinking my temperment, disposition, and embracement of sarcasm as a way of life clearly qualifies me for the role of Simon. ;)

Edited by George Simmons

Diffidently keep it to a minute or less, trying to judge any more is chaotic and the judges should be able to "judge" within 30 seconds.  Like the idea of having the judges pick and edit finale song.

How about everyone use the same image for the visualizer also?

My only concern is that leaves out everyone running version 2.*.*

If everyone used the same animation view, then software version wouldn't matter.

I sequenced Snoopy's Christmas last year, but I don't count. so this would be a great song to use, trying to make an effect of a bomb exploding uses your arches and make it look 1/2 way real was a 10 minute, hmmmmm...also this was one of my sequences that I was experimenting with using LOR's CCR Instant Sequence to use to program the standard LOR controllers, and I would "touch up" certain parts of the sequence manually, instant sequence was fast,quick and dirty and did an OK job...not really a WOW look at at, I kinda took it as a multi-octave beat wizard

Edited by PMC

How about having two contests?  One for Halloween, now, and one later in the year for Christmas?

And I like the idea of everyone using the same animation window.