Light-O-Rama Forums

Anybody Interested In Having A Sequencing Contest (for fun)

PMC

Anybody want to do a sequencing contest? 

1) we vote on a song (has to be a song that we know nobody has ever sequenced before) a song from a unsigned band from a video on you tube or viemo

2) 16 or 32 channels, again we vote on which

3) we vote on who gets to be the judges (3 would be the max)

4) we have 7 days to create it

5) and the winner's sequence has to be used on all of the participants displays either Halloween or Christmas

Here's my choice for the song, and here's the video called "Lights" and this song to me has a Halloween feel to it

http://vimeo.com/56197414

Edited by PMC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Simmons

• PMC

• Brian Mitchell

• 75redman

I'm in... to quote (kinda) Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. It will be the "worst, sequence, ever." And the best part is you'll all have to play something in your display like "I'm a barbie girl" Mwahahahaha *cough* *cough* #gag#

Oh, no wait you mean we all have to "Like" the song.  Darn, I was gonna have some fun.  Now.. to watch that video... my phone didn't seem to like it.

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

we get to vote on the song, you can post any song you like, Barbie Girl.... now that's funny

it could be a theme from a TV show or Movie, I would suggest we stay away from Holiday songs

I have seen similar contests before.  Would you have a standard layout that everyone has to use?  Or to each their own?

I'm slow.  I think I'd have to take a week off to enter.   :lol:

everybody can create their own grid, when we share the sequence for others to see it would be unique

I found this contest on LOR from 2006

I wonder whatever happened to Crazy Light Lady, I like her website it hasn't been updated since 2008

Edited by PMC

I am in. I will give some other choices for songs.

Viva Las Vegas  Johnny Ramone

Red Rubber Ball

Snoopy V the Red Baron

Edited by TitusCarnathan

Sounds like a fun idea!

My suggestion would be to edit the chosen song down to no longer than 1:30.    Actually, I think a minute would be even better, but that should be up to the participants. 

In contests I've seen, the design has been standard for all contestants.  But I personally would vote for everyone should use their own design - preferably their display plans for 2013 - either drawn it in the animation or use the Visualizer. 

I think 32 channels would be a good number - enough to work with and not so many that it would take too long to do.  For people who currently have 16, I'd say go ahead and pretend you have 32 and sequence what you'd do if you had them.

My advice is available on an impartial basis to anyone who might be interested.  Or, if you're scraping the bottom of the barrel, I offer my services as a judge.

Have fun!

Sounds like a fun idea!

My suggestion would be to edit the chosen song down to no longer than 1:30.    Actually, I think a minute would be even better, but that should be up to the participants. 

In contests I've seen, the design has been standard for all contestants.  But I personally would vote for everyone should use their own design - preferably their display plans for 2013 - either drawn it in the animation or use the Visualizer. 

Yes, I agree with having the song only a minute long.

Edited by 75redman

That does sound fun.. but alas.. i have no display other then Christmas.. no time..  I will watch for sure.

Sounds like a fun idea!

, I offer my services as a judge.

Have fun!

We have our 1st Judge,

I like the suggestion we keep the song short just 60 to 90 seconds,

32 channels does off more of a palate to be creative with

That does sound fun.. but alas.. i have no display other then Christmas.. no time..  I will watch for sure.

you don't have to have your physical display up and running, were just doing a contest on Sequence Editor, with the visualizer

We have our 1st Judge,

I like the suggestion we keep the song short just 60 to 90 seconds,

32 channels does off more of a palate to be creative with

I accept.  Thanks.

Accordingly, I hereby withdraw my offer to advise any of the contestants.

I also feel that once the judges have all been selected, it should be the responsibility of the judges (or another non-participant) to provide the edited audio file.  And for purposes of fairness, I think there should be a thread created with a poll open to all forum members, not just those involved in the contest, to select the song.  

Thinking ahead, this is the sort of thing that could easily become an annual tradition.  Might be a good idea for giving people something to look forward to after show season ends.

I would be interested in judging also.

We have Judge #2

And maybe I should be Judge #3?? other Judges,,,,, your thoughts?

I was going to take the song and edit it down, when we all decide which is the best to do the sequence to