Light-O-Rama Forums

How does this "Galloping Jingle Bells" work?

Nathan321

I'm completely new at Light-O-Rama and I am just playing around with the software right now (I don't even have any controllers yet, I'll be getting one soon though for next Christmas) and I came across this video:

How did they make that different color go through the lights like that? It's pretty amazing, but I don't see how that works... wouldn't that have to use hundreds (or even thousands) of different channels to work, or did they do this some other special way?

Thanks,

Nathan

Welcome to the hobby.

The tree in that video is made out of LOR Cosmic Color Ribbons. The person who created that tree also wrote the Superstar Sequence Editor (which is now a part of the LOR software package.)

Welcome to the hobby.

The tree in that video is made out of LOR Cosmic Color Ribbons. The person who created that tree also wrote the Superstar Sequence Editor (which is now a part of the LOR software package.)

Thanks Don!

The Color Cosmic Ribbon looks neat. It's amazing what can be done with Light-O-Rama.

Thanks Don!

The Color Cosmic Ribbon looks neat. It's amazing what can be done with Light-O-Rama.

and lots of money!!! Miles of extension cords!! Weeks of sequencing!!

and lots of money!!! Miles of extension cords!! Weeks of sequencing!!

Yeah, I have been looking at the accessories and they do add up, especially the controllers! But I don't have a very big house so I'll probably just use one 16 channel controller box. I might get this starter package for next year since it has everything needed to do a light show (besides the lights, of course): http://store.lightor...se16chstpa.html I won't be doing anything very big though since I [so far] suck at sequencing, but then again I've only been using it since yesterday.

Edited by Nathan321