Light-O-Rama Forums

Unnamed Timing Grids after channel import

eurbani

This is a little annoying thing. I think that either I am doing something wrong or that i'm missing the way to correct it.

Here is what I have done:

1. I open an musical sequence that has my channels and tracks correct (it is a completed sequence so there are multiple timing grids)
  2. I export the channel configuration
  3. I create a new musical sequence
  4. I import the channel configuration from step 2

At this point, there are a bunch of timing grids. All of them are (unnamed timing grid) Freeform: (no timings)

At this point I have to delete them one at a time.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to import or export without the bogus timing grids? Is there a way to mass delete timing grids?

I've searched the forums and the help file, but nothing there.

Timing grids are not a global setting, nor are they part of the channel configuration. They exist inside the sequence, like the sequencing, and will not be affected by copying a different .lcc file into an existing sequence.

How many tracks are you using? When you create a new sequence the software will create a blank timing grid for each track, unless you specify something different.

I don't know of any way of deleting more than one timing grid at a time.

The number of timing grids a sequence has, to the best of my knowledge, has no discernible effect on any aspect of the sequence.

Timing grids are not a global setting, nor are they part of the channel configuration. They exist inside the sequence, like the sequencing, and will not be affected by copying a different .lcc file into an existing sequence.

How many tracks are you using? When you create a new sequence the software will create a blank timing grid for each track, unless you specify something different.

I don't know of any way of deleting more than one timing grid at a time.

The number of timing grids a sequence has, to the best of my knowledge, has no discernible effect on any aspect of the sequence.

Yep, that's it. There is one per track (22 tracks, 22 grids). I know that they don't affect the the sequence. It's just a little messy and since they are labeled starting with an open-paren, they are alphabetically before anything new that I add. I've been deleting them one at a time. It is a pain!

I opened up a test lms file in notepad. It seems fairly easy to delete the extra timings there. I deleted them all except the first one (i.e. 0) and then just assigned that timing grid to each track. Still a lot easier than pulling down the timings list, selecting a timing, clicking timings, clicking delete, clicking yes and then repeating another 20 times.