Light-O-Rama Forums

Wish list for 2013 pre-sale

holidaylightexpress

Some might say top of their wish list is getting their lights on time, rather than 5 months late. That alone, with no additional product offerings, will likely get you guys plenty of business in 2013.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• holidaylightexpress

• imawlkr2

• scubado

• TitusCarnathan

Arteom is a newbie and probably not familiar with the pre-sales.

Arteom, the veteran vendors on this forum put together a catalog of lighting supplies that we can order from them before the supplies are ordered and get a decent deal. Holidaylightexpress is feeling the members out so he knows what to shop for and put together a price sheet. Kinda like a group buy.

Oh, sweet, so how much does hardwear get discounted?

Some might say top of their wish list is getting their lights on time, rather than 5 months late. That alone, with no additional product offerings, will likely get you guys plenty of business in 2013.

this hasn't been an issue for us over the last few years.

I would like RGB strings that look like M6 strings non pixle form having 3 plugs so it can be controlled by a regular controller and Pixel strings simply having an IC chip that would work in the E682 controller

Adding a 50 ct. and maybe a 35 ct. string would be nice.

With the exception of the LOR CC devices, there's not much stateside for smart RGB Pixels. A few sell them, that I've found, but not many. Smart pixels, (Ribbons, Strings, rigid bars, etc.)

The 70 ct. strings I ordered from you earlier this year are of very good quality and your customer service is great too. There, I got you a plug.

Edited by Ron Boyd

The most common 'smart' RGB Strip:

5 meter

WS2811

5050 SMD

30 LED / Meter

10 Chips / Meter

12v

IP 67 or IP 68

'Smart' Pixels (most common)

12mm

ws2811

5V

IP68

(50 count strings)

'Smart' Pixels (not so common)

12mm

ws2811 (2811 may not be available... so maybe 2801)

12V

IP68

(100 count strings)

RGB Dumb Pixels (most Common)

12mm

5V

IP68

(50 count strings)

For dumb RGB strips I think two options are needed:

5050 SMD

30 LED / Meter

12v

(5 meter)

and

5050 SMD

60 LED / Meter

12v

(5 meter)

Edited by Crazydave

• 3 weeks later...

Back to white wire strands. 70ct Icicles on white wire are a go.

But if you had to pick between 35, 50, 70 and 100 count... what would be your favorite? I'm thinking 50 count, but I've thought wrong in the past!

100 ct. I prefer to cut a strand than add. I also like 3-4 inch spacing, don't need as many strands to cover a bush, but the 2-3 inch spacing is nice for mini trees.

I use 70ct strands. They are about the same length as a 100ct incan strand so it makes replacement easier to calculate quantities. What bulb style are the white wire icicles going to be? I use C6 bulbs.