Light-O-Rama Forums

OMG

wrm

Motion lights and Rottweiler work for me...

lol we have 6 dogs... they usually will alert us to anything, but because they are soooo protective (bark when a dangerous leaf blows across the yard) sometimes we don't listen to them...lol. You know... it is what it is though. If someone damages the display (I've had lights cut without using LOR) then that is on them. They have to sleep with them each night. The lights, sure they cost money, the time, the hours and hours... but it would be a shame to ruin part of the joy that I think we all are trying to give to people. Christmas is an awesome time of year. Many people renew their hearts and remember what Christmas stands for. I know I do. This nation needs people to remember that. If they take my cords to sell the copper, maybe they needed to eat. I am still thankful, and I will not allow people to steal my joy. However, that won't keep me from going all comando on them if I catch them :)

• Like 2

Thanks Tim. I figured both would protect against the weather but when in doubt, ask the pros. After moving some elements nearer to the road, I realized i was running 64 channels over 200'. That is a LOT of SPT! Now I am moving the controllers out near the display elements and cutting the wire I need by 75%.

Did you read the above posts? That seems like a lot of waste, 1000' for 16 channels?!

Not for me, I don't live on a city lot. Keeping boxes in garage, 1000 ft is only 16 cords 62.5 ft long.

And locally its about $90 per 500 ft.(Still better than extension cords and can have less waste)

the purpose of the silica packs? that's the stuff with the warning "do no eat" right? is that for moisture?

yes they wick up moisture they seam to work just take that extra step to keep everything dry...

• Like 1

...However, that won't keep me from going all comando on them if I catch them :)

haha you need to be ninja like around my neighborhood.

I am surprised with the abundance of led x-mas lights on the market now that a lot of lor members are not switching to dc boards rather than the original lor boards?

Main reason i say this, 100M of 0.44mm 2pair (4core) alarm cable is only $44aud and a pack of 50X 1.5mm spade bits is $25aud.

all the awesome people i have met on lor seem more than capable of DC Design rather than spending extreme amounts of money on extension leads.

that is just my take on things anyway :)

haha you need to be ninja like around my neighborhood.

I am surprised with the abundance of led x-mas lights on the market now that a lot of lor members are not switching to dc boards rather than the original lor boards?

Main reason i say this, 100M of 0.44mm 2pair (4core) alarm cable is only $44aud and a pack of 50X 1.5mm spade bits is $25aud.

all the awesome people i have met on lor seem more than capable of DC Design rather than spending extreme amounts of money on extension leads.

that is just my take on things anyway :)

Don't confuse a few folks who insist on home-running all their channels with the majority of us. Like I said above, over 95% of my cords are 20' long or less.

Yes DC lighting has made it's way into my display (and has been there for about 5 years now), but standard AC channels aren't going anywhere anytime soon, at least in my own display.