Light-O-Rama Forums

OMG

wrm

I do a lot gardening on my property. This year I had a slug invasion. This is the only product that truly works.....just sharing....(All my controllers are outside also BTW)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360374849685?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

thanks for all the advise love the pic with the controler buried in snow makes me feel more at ease, I have order more wire as I intend to expand the light show next year. Still going with keeping the controlers indoors until I run out of wall space spt2 wire is resonable I think from wlc ventures and if someone wants to steel this tiny wire maybe the money you get will help pay for your stitches from my dog nawing at your legs.

:)

Anybody have problems with the little fuzzy catapiller? Ones that come out when it starts to get cold.

You mean those little fuzzy ones that love to sting you if you happen to just brush up against it or accidentally touch it?

Can't say I've ever had an issue with them, gecko's, lizards, yes, caterpillars and other critters, not at all.

But I say again. While your buying more wire. I'll be buying more lights and controllers. What ever works for you.

Forget the money - I can't imagine the labor involved in running Every. Single. Channel hundreds of feet to a central location. Even if you had only 3 or 4 controllers I'd rather jump off the roof. Heck as it is I make wiring harnesses to go 10 feet from a controller to a group of lights so I don't have to run multiple cords.

I love the advise from the veterans on here..... and I thank each and every one of you! I know I personally couldn't have done it without you. This is a great addiction, er I mean hobby. Yes my husband moved our boxes and yes we have over 1000 feet of cord running everywhere, (1000 more feet in the hands of UPS on the way) but, I don't mind my husbands paranoia. He is doing this with me. If I let him do it then he doesn't mind me buy more? right? LOL. Honey, you can strap them to the house if I can buy more ok? sounds like a reasonable plan to me LOL. But the fact that we are doing this together is worth more than anything we have in our yard. He has been out of work for 2 years with a work related injury and had 2 surgeries. Cant find a job with his restrictions. He was getting depressed and feeling "unuseful". This past week he's been out in the garage building window frames...(thanks for all the pics and advise) and he's wiring up stuff, and designing stuff... If I could only get workers comp to pay for all the lights? hmmmm......it could save them money on the shrink right? When the show lights go on and people compliment on how cool it is, I KNOW that will do wonders for him. Heck, I think he's doing alot of it cuz the 4 year old next door is super excited about it. he is always "David, whatcha building today? David, what's that do?"... its gunna be great!

I love the advise from the veterans on here..... and I thank each and every one of you! I know I personally couldn't have done it without you. This is a great addiction, er I mean hobby. Yes my husband moved our boxes and yes we have over 1000 feet of cord running everywhere, (1000 more feet in the hands of UPS on the way) but, I don't mind my husbands paranoia. He is doing this with me. If I let him do it then he doesn't mind me buy more? right? LOL. Honey, you can strap them to the house if I can buy more ok? sounds like a reasonable plan to me LOL. But the fact that we are doing this together is worth more than anything we have in our yard. He has been out of work for 2 years with a work related injury and had 2 surgeries. Cant find a job with his restrictions. He was getting depressed and feeling "unuseful". This past week he's been out in the garage building window frames...(thanks for all the pics and advise) and he's wiring up stuff, and designing stuff... If I could only get workers comp to pay for all the lights? hmmmm......it could save them money on the shrink right? When the show lights go on and people compliment on how cool it is, I KNOW that will do wonders for him. Heck, I think he's doing alot of it cuz the 4 year old next door is super excited about it. he is always "David, whatcha building today? David, what's that do?"... its gunna be great!

I'm sure he'll be just like the little kid during the first official show!

I luckily can get my SPT cord locally. I've started with 1,000 ft, thats enough to run at least 16 of my 32 channels. We shall see soon :)

I luckily can get my SPT cord locally. I've started with 1,000 ft, thats enough to run at least 16 of my 32 channels. We shall see soon :)

Did you read the above posts? That seems like a lot of waste, 1000' for 16 channels?!

• Like 1

I got my cord at christmaslightshow.com I got spt 1 and it was like $145ish including shipping. the vampire plugs are cheap too.

Did you read the above posts? That seems like a lot of waste, 1000' for 16 channels?!

Somebody has to keep the copper industry in business, lol.

95% of my cords and harnesses are 20' or below...

I'm sure he'll be just like the little kid during the first official show!

I know I will be. when we did a test run my heart was justa pounding!! we just finished the window frames today...another 1000 lights...

My frontage is about 250 feet and about 75 feet back from the road people take silly things around here. Such as I built my mini trees out of cheap pvc so if a tree or 2 disapears yes I will be mad but will only be out a few bucks but If I put a controler down near the road still will have to run cords back up for other lights and if someone takes my controler I would be LIVIDLY MAD I am running 32 channels this year and hope to upgrade to 64 next year.The veterans on this board have put me at ease about placing the controlers outside but I will absolutely keep them near the house which still leaves about a 75 foot run on some channels that being said more lights to put up. Thankyou

One idea that I read once was, drive two stakes into the ground and mount the controller to both. It would be pretty tough to pull both posts at once. I have a small yard, so mounting mine to the house with 15' dongles works great for me. Next year, I'm mounting one out by my corner bush.

My controllers are all padlocked to a fixed object. Nothing is theft-proof, but they're unlikely to get one without alerting me via my other security measures.

New to the forum. Just wanted to say hi, and test ride the site a bit. Pretty much have LOR under control for the first year in operation. To see some of my work you can see it at christmas on sycamore st 2012 in face book. I have to confess though. A friend already has LOR, this being his second year. We are running 64 channels, and wanting to double next year. http://www.facebook....nSycamoreSt2012

I ordered from Christmaslightshow.com cord is like $140ish for 100' feet. the plugs are the cheapest I've found... I also used up 1000 feet and had to order more. I ordered yesterday and it's shipping today.

thats 1000 feet I mean

I keep mine outside also put silica packets in them and keep them plugged in

the purpose of the silica packs? that's the stuff with the warning "do no eat" right? is that for moisture?