Light-O-Rama Forums

Stand Alone

Andy Gonzales

If a controller has its downloaded stand alone sequence activated by a pushbutton (closing relay contacts from a proximity sensor), does the controller cease sending commands from a running foreground sequences to other channels associated with that controller. Channels are NOT duplicated between the foreground sequence and the stand alone sequence.

Example: Board 03 responding to a foreground seqeunce "my music", operating channel 03.01.

Board 03 interactive seqeunce "hellow world" begins to operate when someone approaches, operating channel 03.02

Does channel 03.01 continue to operate during "my music" or does it get cut-off until "hello world" finishes ?

My testing so far indicates that inded channel 03.01, in "my music", stops while 03.02, in "hello word" is running.

To confirm, channels 03.01 and 03.02 are not duplicated in "my music" and "hello world"

thanks

as further information, in my example, channel 03.01 resumes operation once "hello world" is finished. The question here is: Is this behavior correct or should I be looking elsewhere ?

When, say channel 03.01 of controller 03 is being commanded by a nomal music sequence (call it "my music") and then controller 03 receives an input to begin its downloaded standalone sequence (call it "Hello World") to command, say channel 03.02, what is supposed to happen with channel 03.01 ?

1. Continue to operate normally
  2. Suspend operations until "Hello World" completes

In other worlds, can a controller have some of its channels allocated to normal sequences and other channels allocated to channels that it happens to control as part of a standalone sequence.

I have taken care to separarate the channels. Channel 03.01 does not appear in "Hellow Word" and channel 03.02 does not appear in "ny music". One channel cannot be controlled simultaneously by two sequences. Can one controller by controlled from two soruces, the main computer and ... itself ?

thanks