Light-O-Rama Forums

eBay FM Transmitter Any Good?

Arteom

Another vote for the cheap E-bay Sain Sonic Unit. Mine arrived yesterday and cables ftom Mono-price arrived today. I have hooked it up to the Dell mini 9 netbook I use to run my show set both volumes set to one third. Dialed up 88.7 which seems clear here in North Phoenix and it works great. About 2 and a half blocks before static gets bad. Does not bother stations at 88.3 or 89.1 If I turn stereo in car abouve 85% and can pick up a very faint power supply hum. Just couldn.t be much better.

Mine does that to. I just unplug it and try it again. Tune mine to 106.5 in my area.

I figured out that after the power adjust screen you hit the power button once more to set the low limit frequency once more to hit the high limit frequency. We have had ours in use four nights and it works great. On high power it makes it about a block and a half, but is clear as can be to the road 200' away. For $60 delivered to our front door it can't be beat IMO.

I just had to order a replacement for the CZH model. It just stopped working Wednesday night as I was trying to go live. It worked earlier in the day during testing but wouldn't power up later. It did work really well for Halloween.

Larry, did you check to power transformer to see if you are getting the 1.21 jiggawatts out of it to power the transmitter.. ok, it isnt really 1.21 jiggawatts, it's 9vdc (I think).. use a volt meter to see if its working. Also, I'm pretty sure there's a fuse inside the case.. open it up (uh, there's really no warranty) and check it..

I opened it up and didn't really see anything I was familiar with. Ordered another one, plugged it in last night and will be sending the defective one back. Now I'll have a backup.

Alan, I suggest going with 99.1.. its far enough away from The Peak (98.7) and KEZ (99.9). Most of us in the Valley are using 99.1..

Thanks I'll look at 99.1 again. Been under the weather past few days. I'm setting every thing up Saturday.

Alan, good luck with your set up and show, lemme know if you need help, I'm in the East Valley. There's a lot of us LOR Users in the Valley. John & Caroline Slade are prob closest to you.. 101 & Indian Bend I think..

Thanks TJ I put things together Saturday. I am using 99.1 It's only a simple 16 channel show running the whole thing off a Dell 9 inch netbook. I have seen several displays last year from the AZ Republic list. I'm making either making a frequency sign or buying one this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Right now I'm just looking thru the free 16 channel sequences online and tweaking them. Thanks again and Take Care,,,,

Well, I've read thru this entire post (I didn't fall asleep, but my head hurts!!) and once again i'm a day late and a dollar short (or maybe $124 short!!). :( I orderd my 1st LOR controller AND the Wholehouse FM transmitter on Saturday! UPS says its on its way and will be delivered Dec 5th. AFTER reading this topic I mentioned to my wife that all the veterans on here advised against buying that particular transmitter!!! :o That was a BAD idea!! NOW I'm in the doghouse and I havent even gotten it yet!!! Sooo in the expert opinions of all those who have "been there done that," do I send it back before I even open it up or do I see just how "bad" it is and then write a review on how I was a putz and didn't heed the advice of those who know better (and beg my wife to let me sleep back in the comfort of our Tempurpedic mattress!)?? :D BTW - I can't wait to start playing with the LOR controller!!! Though I'm guessing I'm gonna wish I bought another unit!!!

Wow! That was quick! Thanx for the response! Now I just gotta figure the PM thing out!! So you see how much fun I'm gonna have with the sequencing given my VAST knowledge of computers!!!!! :lol:

OK, read the post WHEW! and could I ask that only folks that bought a budget transmitter and are well pleased with it and the legal range please post what you got and/or post a link to it.

Thank you

Michael

I have the CZH-05B 100mw/500mw one off eBay. I'm very happy with it. I'd get it from a U.S. seller so you get it quicker. $60.00

I have the CZH-05B 100mw/500mw one off eBay. I'm very happy with it. I'd get it from a U.S. seller so you get it quicker. $60.00

TY, hope to get for this year neighbor sent a text at 10:30 last night said please turn music down we can't sleep. Oooops!

• 1 year later...

I think this item in ebay is not good transmitter, if you need this one, I can offer you free one,

You can only pay for the EMS Express shipping cost ($20) I can ship you free transmitter like this, But I need tell you that 

this kind of cheap transmitter is low quality and maybe do not after one week or one month, who knows

http://www.amazon.com/0-5-Fail-Safe-Long-Range-Transmitter/dp/B003FO4UHW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Yes, this one is good and if you need the cheaper one, You can buy here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261198924495

This is the same quality, from the same manufacture in china,   this one in ebay is $20 cheaper and just the same transmitter

You can save $20 get from ebay, Hope this will help you save some money and get good quality transmitter :);)