Light-O-Rama Forums

Tennessee++cMini

Dennis Cherry

Tennessee++ Mini:

We are going to have a mini in Cleveland Tennessee. Cleveland is just NE of Chattanooga

The ++ means the neighboring states are welcome.

Date September 15th 2012

Time: TBD (maybe all day and night?)

Place: Will be posted closer to the event. You will not be disappointed.

Food: TBD.

This will be an open meeting and the desires of people who show up will dictate what goes on.

Some of the Ideas we can cover are:

1. S3 Sequencing

2. Superstar

3. E1.31/DMX setup problems or other protocol problems.

4. Repairing LED Light string and learn how to find the bad LED.

5. DIY kit building including programming your PIC’s.

6. Learn Soldering.

7. RGB Dumb or intelligent light strings.

8. Just talk about anything.

Let’s hear from all who are interested and what you want.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBullard

• harrison0550

• Dennis Cherry

• thobby04@gmail.com

I'm in. It's going to be nice to meet some other lighting enthusiasts and learn some new stuff.

Thanks Dennis.

See you on the 15th.

Ron

I'll be bringing a bunch of Holiday Coro's items for folks to get a close up of, (coro singing characters and non singing, and RGB items).

Edited by jerrymac

I would be interested in driving up from Atlanta. Have you picked a meeting place?

As started in my original post, that will be posted closer to the date, sometime in September.

It will not be hard to find the location.

I just finished soldering Robert P Martins (Rpm) E1.31 To Dmx Bridge. Was planning on asking Jeff or Donny to program the pic for me but if anyone planning on coming to this has the know how and whatever is needed to program it then I will just let it sit and we can program and set it up together in S3. I could also bring some 3 channel DMX modules and RGB strip/strings and hook it all up from start to finish. All for the groups learning of course, yea that's it totally for the groups benefit.

OR IN OTHER WORDS........

If I throw all this junk in the truck will you guys please help me put it all together lol.

I just finished soldering Robert P Martins (Rpm) E1.31 To Dmx Bridge. Was planning on asking Jeff or Donny to program the pic for me but if anyone planning on coming to this has the know how and whatever is needed to program it then I will just let it sit and we can program and set it up together in S3. I could also bring some 3 channel DMX modules and RGB strip/strings and hook it all up from start to finish. All for the groups learning of course, yea that's it totally for the groups benefit.

OR IN OTHER WORDS........

If I throw all this junk in the truck will you guys please help me put it all together lol.

Not sure about the pic programing part, But the rest of it I would love to see and help out with.

I have a Pickit2, but you will have to tell me the Pic number to look it up as some new devices need the Pickit 3 for programming.

If it is on the list for Pnkit 2 then yes I will bring it to program your device.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! Turns out the pic was preprogrammed I just needed to read a little more and figure out how to setup my e1.31 ip settings to get everything up and running.

Really excited about this mini. Been wanting to get up to Cleveland and meet Doug for a while now anyway. I tore some ligaments in my foot/ankle last night so it looks like I will be layed up in the bed for a couple of weeks. Time to get all my sequencing done! Oh and expect lots of posts the next 2 weeks cause you guys are gonna be my main contact to the outside world.

Tennessee++ Mini:

Aug 29th Updates

We are going to have a mini in Cleveland Tennessee. Cleveland is just NE of Chattanooga

The ++ means all neighboring states are always welcome, even Texas.

Date September 15th 2012

Time: 10:00 AM until you get tried and go home

Place: 3787 Blue Springs Road, Cleveland TN 37311

http://maps.google.c....ed=0CCAQ8gEwAA

Food: $7.00 per person, we will pool the money and get the food and drinks for the day.

Sessions Planned:

1. Joshu1 Systems: 12(Noon) http://www.j1sys.com.../products Will be showing and explaining the different products.

2. How to find and Repair Christmas light strings: (1:00 PM) This includes Mini incandescent and LED's. Demonstrations on using the "LED Keeper" and the proper way to use the "Light Keeper Pro". Both units will be available for sale at the Mini.

Some of the Ideas we can cover are:

1. S3 Sequencing

2. Superstar

3. E1.31/DMX setup problems or other protocol problems.

4. DIY kit building including programming your PIC’s.

5. Learn Soldering.

6. RGB Dumb or intelligent light strings.

7. Just talk about anything.

Let’s hear from all who are interested and what you want.

If you need a motel, there are many in Cleveland Tennessee, would recommend the area around I-75 and Paul Huff, look for James Darby RD.

Edited by Dennis Cherry

Already got it worked out with the better half and I'll be there.

The only thing I'm struggling with at the moment is gettiing Dumb modules to work. I'll bring some stuff and maybe someone can help me get it up and running.

I'm also looking forward to the Joshua 1 systems and E1.31.

Thanks Dennis for getting this together. This is what I've been wanting to do for awhile

Ron

I'm stoked!

Will bring a holidaycoro rgb star, RPM's e1.31 to dmx bridge, some pixel strings/strips, a j1sys ECG-P12R controller, a trendnet switch, the laptop, and soldering station.

Dennis,

Was able to rearrange an out of town trip, so I will be there.

Since I am moving to a higher pixel use, if it is ok I can bring brand new never used CDI full wave LEDs and offer some fantastic prices on them. Most of these will be M6, with possibly some C6.

I'll do inventory and post quantity and prices later. Prices for these brand new never used LEDs will be super low.

Might have some 16 channel LOR controllers to offer also. I dont need 30 of them any more.

William, I changed my schedule, you change yours! Havent seen you since Andy's mini in New Jersey. Now if we could get Annalisa to fly in, the old gang would be together again.

Dennis, look forward to meeting you since you moved to TN.

Doug, been too long since I've seen you also.

Edited by JBullard