Light-O-Rama Forums

New File Extensions In S3

jim6918

OK, so I searched for an answer and even looked thru the User guide but can't figure out the answer. What are .LCS, and .LSV file extensions? Of course I am only too aware of the usuefulmess of .BAK files since they have been around for as long as I have been doing LOR.

Since I have just been "pidling" around with sequences this year, I have been routinely deleting them. I have noticed no issues, but wonder if I should be doing that, since LOR didn't create them just to be doing more work for themselves.

Edited by LORAdmin

.LSV is what saves your visual preferences (zoom level, etc.)

.LCS is the compressed sequence. You won't edit this file. It's created by the software.

.LCC is the Light-O-Rama Channel Configuration file.

.SUP is a Superstar Editor file.

Thanks for the reply, but I am still a little in the dark. I guess I can see the utility of the LSV file, but am I correct in assuming that if it gets deleted, the "visual preferences" for the sequence just revert to defaul levels?

What is the purpose of the LCS file? What good is a compressed sequence? I have tested by deleting that file related to a particular sequence and see absolutely no effect when I reopen and edit the sequence; except that it recreates itself when I close. I am going to admit to a sacriledge here, but I am such a fanatic about creating multiple backups of sequences, in process and finished, that I also routinely delete the BAK files just because I like things neat and tidy and don't like a bunch of junk laying around. When I am working on a sequence and get ready to close it out, I not only save to the LOR default location, I save to an external hard drive and a flash drive. About once a week, I backup the entire LOR folder to another external hard drive. It would take a heck of a catastrophy for me to lose anything.

• 1 month later...

After you setup your channel configuration in the sequence editor, go to the edit menu and follow this picture to export the lcc file. After starting another sequence, open the sequence editor, edit menu, go to the same place as before, but import the lcc file. That way you don't have to redo your setup. Hope this helps

Edited by bisquit476