Light-O-Rama Forums

Bad News or Good News First?.

CLD Kevin

olracs wrote:

[glow=yellow]My HOA imposed new “Holiday Display” rules that pretty much pulled the plug on my display. I live in community of hundreds of homes and only a few (4 or 5) homeowner complained. They didn’t even live on my street which should be the first to complain[/glow]                                                                                          

This year I'll be faced with three new neighbor's, this could really hurt. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I would go talk to them about it. Get them on your side. Talk to them about any concerns they have.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WilliamS

• jimswinder

• rescue_653

• CLD Kevin

Most definitely, the house's are still on the market, I hope I will have the time and opportunity to get to know who they might be.

That really Stinks Kevin. For what it is worth, you are the reason I have gotten into this hobby. I was actually in the Fire Department Training Center when another Firefighter came to me and said I had to see this really cool video.

He showed me your Party Rock video and I was hooked.

The other Firefighter has since appologised to my wife for introducing me to the hobby. But he knew he could not do it, but if he hooked me, I definately would.

Again, this is my first time trying this, and have a long way to go.

Fortunately my neighbors are very cool and no HOA to deal with. My left side neighbor is an electrician and has already helped me run a couple of new circuits for controllers. :)

He has even commented that he might get into this if he likes my setup.

Hopefully you can get something worked out.

Mike

Kevin I know it wont be as much fun, but what if you set it up at your house film a few videos and put them on line after Halloween. You can still amaze the world with your skills, but there would be no crowds for your neighbors to complain over.

I know universal studios does some sick stuff in there parks halloween... Maybe contact them about doing a show inside the park...

So Cracker....

Weren't you the one that said that as long as you were using a sequence you would not share it?

Well since your not using it..... hummm? hummm? Wink Wink..

crackchecker wrote:

So Cracker....

Weren't you the one that said that as long as you were using a sequence you would not share it?

Well since your not using it..... hummm? hummm? Wink Wink..

+1! :)

Orville wrote:

@GoofyGuy, Not trying to be arguementive, just what MY EXPERIENCES have been with a HOA.

And I'm really surprised you've won every time, I've yet to see ANYONE that won with the one we previously lived in.

So you must be the exception to what most have experienced with an HOA ran community.

The community I previously lived in STARTED with a Builders HOA, but once the community was completed, that changed and was turned over to the people that lived in the community. And this was not a small subdivision either, quite large and ran by those that lived within it.

As far as I am aware and remember, the HOA bylaws stated that ANY governing entity over the community HAD to live in the community, if they moved out of the community, which we had some members move due to their job moved out of the area, others just because they didn't like who was the head cheese over it all, so these folks all had to be removed and new members voted in.

Like said, just my experiences. And I know they can take a lien out and evict people from the community and take over the home if the fines pile up and they don't comply, the home we moved out of was my late mother-in-laws and because we don't own it, they tried to put a lien against us {home is reversed mortgaged} for the lawn and other violations that are occuring, like non-payment of HOA fees, they have sent us letters stating they will take the home if these fees are not paid, {they don't even come in under our name, but my late mother in laws}, so they can't do anything to us, but they don't have any power over us because we never took possession of the home.

But I know they can do it and have seen it done to others in the community because they refused to follow the "rules", such as they are.

Again, MY experiences, others, like yourself may have been lucky enough not to have done this, and it amazes me that you've been able to "win" everytime with yours. Most folks I know have most often than not, lost their case when they confronted the HOA about something they didn't like or think was fair.

EDIT: I have a friend that owns several condos here in Florida, his experiences have been pretty much the same as mine. And his CHOA governing body lives on the property. Now whether or not that is true, I don't know, I don't live there and can only go by what he has told me about his run ins with his local CHOA residents of the community.

I think we've hijacked this thread enough, time to get it back on topic.

If Kevin opts to fight it, his perogative, if not, and he opts to move his display to a more open and friendlier environement, that would be great too. Just as long as he is still able to do what he loves to do and get that WOW factor so many of us love to watch.

Not speaking of anyone here personally but...

THIS MY FRIENDS IS WHAT LAWYERS AND JUDGES HAVE DONE TO OUR COUNTRY..

Sad isn't it?

• The topic was locked