Light-O-Rama Forums

Bad News or Good News First?.

CLD Kevin

Kevin, as a newbee living in the midwest, it amazes me that someone would shut you down! I have seen so much ingenuity and downright genius from the members here.
I and my little town would have jumped for joy for the effort you put forth...You are more than welcome here ( especially at my end of town) to run a display:) because I need to learn 1/2 of what you have forgotten..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WilliamS

• jimswinder

• rescue_653

• CLD Kevin

Don Gillespie wrote:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
past your nap time again Don??? :(

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

no the posts are getting so long I had to go see my optometrist and get new glasses between Orv and Goof they should hook up and write a book :P

Don Gillespie wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:

no the posts are getting so long I had to go see my optometrist and get new glasses between Orv and Goof they should hook up and write a book :P

won't be a short story

Don Gillespie wrote:
no the posts are getting so long I had to go see my optometrist and get new glasses between Orv and Goof they should hook up and write a book :(

The name of the book could be "How to get the government to pay your HOA fees"

Back to the Subject of Kevin...Sorry to see your display shut down for now. I am sure you got as much enjoyment out of it as has everyone else. To the 5% such as Holdman and yourself to name (2) off the top of my head that brought a ton of attention to this hobby, I wish to Thank you for all the information, insight and enjoyment both of you have given to all of the rest of us in this hobby... Thanks Man

Don Gillespie wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:
past your nap time again Don??? :D

Sorry about that. Good news is away from sequencing his store will be open and we will keep him busy with that!

Don Gillespie wrote:

Orv and Goof they should hook up and write a book :D
I was waiting for the movie version... :cool:

Don Gillespie wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:
past your nap time again Don??? :D

Didn't you know Don? Goofyguy and myself were just trying to give folks a preview of the new book, movie rights to be acquired soon after, of how to argue, win or lose to any HOA organization that we're collaberating on. And by your reaction, we need to tweak it up a bit to make it more entertaining.:cool:

We're hoping it'll become a best seller, and of course the best grossing movie of 2012!:P

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Orv and Goof they should hook up and write a book :D
I was waiting for the movie version... :cool:

Coming soon Jim. Just wait for it.:P

Orville wrote:

and of course the best grossing movie of 2012!:D
No doubt it will be gross.... :cool:

This rule set by the HOA was not in place when you signed the contract or bought the house. Go after the HOA and dont let them push you around. Get CNN involved and any media to protest the ruling set by the HOA. What are they going to do write you a ticket for putting on the light show. You cant be charged for the same crime twice.. LOL I would also hit the city and or county meetings and be heard at the meetings but media is the fastest way to get attention needed.

Orville wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Orville wrote: 
and of course the best grossing movie of 2012!:D
No doubt it will be gross....  :cool:

ROFLMAO!

Dont mind as long as I can pick who plays me in the movie. Im thinking Jim Carey or The Rock

trafficman wrote:

This rule set by the HOA was not in place when you signed the contract or bought the house. Go after the HOA and dont let them push you around. Get CNN involved and any media to protest the ruling set by the HOA. What are they going to do write you a ticket for putting on the light show. You cant be charged for the same crime twice.. LOL I would also hit the city and or county meetings and be heard at the meetings but media is the fastest way to get attention needed.

Once again there is always a contract sign with the HOA and if you read just about any by law written by an organization is subject to change without notice upon majority vote by the voting body of an organization. And quite frankly CNN could honestly care less about some christmas display and the HOA, you may have a shot in the dark around Christmas but not here at the end of May.

rescue_653 wrote:

Once again there is always a contract sign with the HOA and if you read just about any by law written by an organization is subject to change without notice upon majority vote by the voting body of an organization. And quite frankly CNN could honestly care less about some christmas display and the HOA, you may have a shot in the dark around Christmas but not here at the end of May.

correct they can change on the fly with majority rule. And media attention is what got Kevin in this spot.

My post was not meant to be a debate or hatred against anybody or any group. Sure I’m disappointed what my HOA is doing. I think they could of handled it a better way. I already spoke with an attorney and basically they have the right on some of the new rules...some are just straight out ridiculous and I could fight it, but do I really want to waste my time, energy and money?

The new rules are for the whole community and not just me. I feel really bad about that part because I don’t want to see my neighbor lose their ability to decorate for the holidays because of this. There are a few that go all out (Static) and a couple that are animated (LOR and other types). These new rules will kill their decoration which I don’t want to see happen.

I could understand some of the homeowners point when it comes to the crowds it caused. I had plans in the works to make things much more organized so these types of things didn’t happen again. Last year I was unprepared and taken by surprise. Hopefully I can talk some sense into them and they lighten up on the rules. But plans are still to more either way.

So let’s not turn this post into something ugly. Lets look at the positive side. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Maybe I’ll move the display to a bigger and better venue...have it really blow up...make a million dollars and get Justin Bieber to take a break from beating up photographers and perform live at my show. :D

This hobby is all about having fun...so stop reading (Yaaaaaawn) and get back to sequencing.

Kevin

GoofyGuy wrote:

Orville wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Orville wrote:
and of course the best grossing movie of 2012!:P
No doubt it will be gross.... :cool:

ROFLMAO!

Dont mind as long as I can pick who plays me in the movie. Im thinking Jim Carey or The Rock

I'm looking at Dan Akroyd for my part.;) If I were black, I'd definitely want Will Smith for the part, but that wouldn't work out, then, maybe it could.....:cool: