Light-O-Rama Forums

Android Light-o-Rama Control

mryan23

Oops I forgot to add the other half of my thought :)

There are a number of VNC clients out there, as well as other remote solutions, which allow you to control your show computer from a smartphone, tablet, or another computer. For those who are looking to carry a tablet or phone around and test, that might be the best solution as you'll have total control.

Yep, Tim. I was looking for a vnc solution. When i saw a comparison of vnc like programs (control your ipad), this app came out near the top in the evaluation.

http://www.splashtop.com/remote

you run a free streaming program on your pc or mac and then pay $4 for the app. I think people like it because it streams at a very high frame rate. You can watch movies, play video games. I wont need anything near that fast.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caleb Linburg

• spomalley

• Tim Fischer

• mryan23

Seems to me this is a dead thread. Bummer too. To have the capability to test lights from you iphone would be great. I do however see nothing but issues being involed. Not unless the hooks are released. Perhaps....someday.

Seems to me this is a dead thread. Bummer too. To have the capability to test lights from you iphone would be great. I do however see nothing but issues being involed. Not unless the hooks are released. Perhaps....someday.

Yep, I'd have to agree with you. Too bad!

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to control by remote you can install a free remote control app from the market then connect via your phone and run all of the software.

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, I pretty much took the summer off from LOR. Havent checked the forums since the beginning of June. When I first posted this I sent out a copy to the first 10 or so people who responded. I never heard back from any of them. I'm guessing my emails were being sent to spam because of the attachments.

Here is what I have so far. Its a little buggy but I think it works for the most part. Before you use this create a backup copy of both weeksched.lsc and yearsched.lsc. If the app doesnt work right you'll be glad you have that backup copy.

The .apk file needs to be installed onto your android device. The easiest way I know of to do this is to connect the phone to your computer and copy and paste the .apk file onto your phone. Then you can use a file manager app like Astro on the phone to navigate to the file and install it. You may have to change a few settings to allow third party applications, I’m not sure what exactly those are.

On your show computer open the link below. This will download a .exe file from Microsoft that allows the code to execute. Run the .exe file.

http://www.microsoft...on.aspx?id=5555

The show computer will also need Java installed.

The three exe files can be anywhere you would like as long as they are in the same folder. Before you can control the show the LORControl.exe file must be running, it can be minimized but it has to be running. The first time you open it, it will ask you for the install directory of light-o-rama (C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama or wherever it is on your system) then it will ask for the directory where the sequences are (C:\Light-O-Rama or wherever it is on your system) it will create files that have these locations stored so you do not have to enter these each time you use it but you can easily change the location by editing the text files. Make sure you capitalize everything correctly and use '\' instead of '/'. If there is a mistake here the app might not work. After both of the directories have been put in the system it will tell you your computer’s ip address. Once you have that you can enter it into the app, hit connect and HOPEFULLY everything should work.

If you notice any bugs or if anything does not work correctly please let me know and I will do my best to fix it.LORAndroidControl.zip

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and a Samsung S4 phone.  If your app will work on either or both I would like to try it out for my 12 CCR tree.  My email is dsensebe@cox.net

• The topic was locked