Light-O-Rama Forums

Android Light-o-Rama Control

mryan23

I have seen a lot of posts recently about smartphone show control. I have written an Android app that does just that! It can enable/disable the show, play a song or show that has already been made, or create and play a "playlist" (really it makes a new show with the songs you specify). I'm looking for a few people who would like to try this out. I haven't put it on the Android Market or anything yet but if you would like to try my app send me a PM with your email address and I will send it to you.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caleb Linburg

• spomalley

• Tim Fischer

• mryan23

Sounds great for remote killing a display away from home.

Does the app require local network connection (wifi) or would it enable remotely disabling of a show? E.g. maybe weather conditions change unexpectedly and the show needs to be turned off for safety reasons.

Is there a status function for downloading to the phone the current status - such as schedule disabled; schedule enabled - no show active; schedule enabled - show active; show on demanded - show ?

marquisite wrote:

Does the app require local network connection (wifi) or would it enable remotely disabling of a show? E.g. maybe weather conditions change unexpectedly and the show needs to be turned off for safety reasons.

Right now it requires wifi to run. Adding the ability to use 3g/4g is in my "todo list" that would allow for remote kills but right now that would not work.

Is there a status function for downloading to the phone the current status - such as schedule disabled; schedule enabled - no show active; schedule enabled - show active; show on demanded - show ?

I hadn't thought about a status feature but that is a very good idea. I'll add that to my list as well.

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

How about creating one for the iPhone.

How did I know that question would come up?

I do not have an iPhone or an iPad so I've never learned how to develop apps for ios. Also, being a college student, I dont have $99 per year to be allowed to write apps for apple. If there are any iPhone developers out there that would like to write a similar app for iPhone I'd be happy to tell them what I did. I dont think it would be a very difficult iOS app I just dont have the means to create it. If anyone is interested in doing that just let me know.

mryan23 wrote:

Dave Batzdorf wrote:
How about creating one for the iPhone.

How did I know that question would come up?

I do not have an iPhone or an iPad so I've never learned how to develop apps for ios. Also, being a college student, I dont have $99 per year to be allowed to write apps for apple. If there are any iPhone developers out there that would like to write a similar app for iPhone I'd be happy to tell them what I did. I dont think it would be a very difficult iOS app I just dont have the means to create it. If anyone is interested in doing that just let me know.

I don't have a Mac, if I did I would make one.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to give it a try. Its great to have someone create an app for controlling lights for the android market.

I would like to test. I am in the IT industry and would be happy to supply detailed beta test information.

• 4 weeks later...