Light-O-Rama Forums

Virtual Ammeter

mryan23

okay, tried loading your 16 channel profile, clicked on next and program just sits there. Go back up and click on NO, next can be clicked, but has to be clicked twice before program will continue.

So no matter what, I am still getting the same results.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mryan23

• k6ccc

• Surfing4Dough

• Aaron Maue

Sorry I haven't been able to figure out what the problems is. The other versions I have been uploading have just been total guesses at what the problem could be.

Does anyone have it running or is everyone having issues with it?

Well, since you wanted someone else to try it, I just did. I used version 4 on a laptop running Windows Vista and LOR 3.14.
Started the program and it asked what sequence to load. Selected a sequence and then "Next". It asked if I wanted to load a profile. If I answer NO, the program immediately aborts with no error message given. If instead I answer yes, I brings up a dialog box to select the profile. Of course I don't have any profiles, so I back out of that and select no instead and it immediately aborts.

Was the sequence you selected built in a demo version of lor? If you open it in notepad can you read it?

mryan23 wrote:

Was the sequence you selected built in a demo version of lor? If you open it in notepad can you read it?

None of my sequences were ever made with a DEMO version. Always witth a registered version.

mryan23 wrote:

I wonder if you hit on something although no exactly. Mine are not done with the demo version, but how about compressed sequences. Could that be an issue?

In any case, I tried it again this evening after confirming that I could read a non-compressed version in NotePad. I got a different result. I was able to continue past the question about loading a profile, and the program asked how many outlets, and after answering "2", was asked to the location and beaker value for the two outlets. After that, the program said that both outlets were unused. I was never given any opportunity to define which controllers (there were 3 in the sequence I was using) were fed from which outlet.

Did it ask you to set the amount of current each channel requires before it asked the number of outlets?

mryan23 wrote:

Did it ask you to set the amount of current each channel requires before it asked the number of outlets?

Nope, I never see that screen at all. Sounds like the other person is having the same issues I am.

k6ccc wrote:

mryan23 wrote:

I wonder if you hit on something although no exactly. Mine are not done with the demo version, but how about compressed sequences. Could that be an issue?

In any case, I tried it again this evening after confirming that I could read a non-compressed version in NotePad. I got a different result. I was able to continue past the question about loading a profile, and the program asked how many outlets, and after answering "2", was asked to the location and beaker value for the two outlets. After that, the program said that both outlets were unused. I was never given any opportunity to define which controllers (there were 3 in the sequence I was using) were fed from which outlet.

Exactly the same problem I am having with it. :P

Would either of you mind emailing me the sequence you are using this with? I'll try using it where I will be able to see error messages.

mryan23 wrote:

Would either of you mind emailing me the sequence you are using this with? I'll try using it where I will be able to see error messages.

Then I'd be e-mailing you a lot of sequences as I have tried this with EVERY ONE of mine now and get the same results.

I do find it odd that the first version worked when I first used it, but after going to the other versions that won't work, then trying to go back to the original did not work any longer.

I even tried going backward with a restore point BEFORE I ever installed them, redownload the original version and still got the same issues.

And I'm not sure if our sequences would even help without having the audio file with them. Which we couldn't supply.

mryan23 wrote:

I did not know that utility existed until after I wrote this. It seems to be very similar.

Hope you didn't invest too many hours. :shock:

I never had heard of that utility either. However I cant get it to much of anything - yes, I enabled the macros. I click the button to load a sequence, and although the button presses, nothing else happens. Same thing for the channel list button. I will point out that I am using Open Office on this computer. I am going to remote into my office computer which has Excel and try it that way.

BTW, I sent Ryan one of my sequences and he replied that he was able to duplicate the problem that several of us were having.

k6ccc wrote:

I never had heard of that utility either. However I cant get it to much of anything - yes, I enabled the macros. I click the button to load a sequence, and although the button presses, nothing else happens. Same thing for the channel list button. I will point out that I am using Open Office on this computer. I am going to remote into my office computer which has Excel and try it that way.

OK, just tried it on the office computer remotely and it worked perfectly.

VERY COOL!

I was able to figure out what was making the sequence k6ccc sent me not work. If this is still not working and youre still interested in using this sending me a sequence could help. I am able to see error messages that the program doesnt show to the user.

Attached files LOR Virtual Ammeter v5.zip

mryan23 wrote:

Just sent you a 16 and an 80 channel sequence that were the ones that worked with the original file, then when upgraded, they would no longer work. These are S3 sequences created with an Advanced License.