Light-O-Rama Forums

Virtual Ammeter

mryan23

mryan23 wrote:

On the page right before the saving profile it should allow you to "plug in" controllers to the outlets. Do you have anything plugged into those outlets?

Didn't have anything plugged in on previous version and nothing is plugged into those outlets now.

I tried using the outlet I have a controller plugged into inside the house where the computer is, once I enter the info in the outlet location and amperage, I click next once (which in the original program took me to the controller screen), nothing happens, it just sits there, I click next a second time and it goes to the profile save page.

I can not get the controller page to come up where you enter the channel amperage information at all now. Previous version it came up right after I entered outlet and amp info by clicking next once, but in this version, clicking on next once, it doesn't go anywhere, have to click it twice, then it takes me directly to the save profile page.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mryan23

• k6ccc

• Surfing4Dough

• Aaron Maue

mryan23 wrote:

On the page right before the saving profile it should allow you to "plug in" controllers to the outlets. Do you have anything plugged into those outlets?

Didn't have anything plugged in on previous version and nothing is plugged into those outlets now.
I tried using the outlet I have a controller plugged into inside the house where the computer is, once I enter the info in the outlet location and amperage, I click next once (which in the original program took me to the controller screen), nothing happens, it just sits there, I click next a second time and it goes to the profile save page.

I can not get the controller page to come up where you enter the channel amperage information at all now. Previous version it came up right after I entered outlet and amp info by clicking next once, but in this version, clicking on next once, it doesn't go anywhere, have to click it twice, then it takes me directly to the save profile page.

mryan23 wrote:

Orville wrote:

No I never see that screen. I did in the original version, but now I can't get to that screen.

Which screen do you not see?

The one that shows the controller channel information and channel descriptions where you entered the amperage of the prop, light strand or whatever may be associated with that controller and its channels.

I think this one should make sure that you see the channel initializing screen.

I'm not sure why you're seeing all of your outlets as not used. The ones that you dont have anything virtually plugged into should say that they are not used on the very last screen. If this still doesnt fix it can you save the profile you are using and PM it to me so I can take a look at it?

I'm sorry this isnt working as easily as the other one did. I'm not sure why it wont let you use the old one, I didnt change anything about that attachment.

Attached files LOR Virtual Ammeter v3.zip

mryan23 wrote:

I think this one should make sure that you see the channel initializing screen.

I'm not sure why you're seeing all of your outlets as not used. The ones that you dont have anything virtually plugged into should say that they are not used on the very last screen. If this still doesnt fix it can you save the profile you are using and PM it to me so I can take a look at it?

I'm sorry this isnt working as easily as the other one did. I'm not sure why it wont let you use the old one, I didnt change anything about that attachment.

Still not getting it. PM coming your way.

Did the sequence selected at the beginning have 16 channels? Something is causing the program to not associate any channels with the outlets, are you still not seeing the screen with the drop down menus to select which controllers are plugged into which outlets?

Does the program still go straight from saying no to load a profile to asking how many outlets you have?

Are you saying no and clicking the next button or just one or the other? If you click both that could cause it to skip past the screen that allows you to set the current for each channel.

Just remember, this virtual Amp meter does not replace the real thing. I do not know if this program adds in a fudge factor or not. If not, then there is always the chance that your power factor in your house might not be 1.0%. If lower, your numbers might be lower than actual and even though the program says your good to go, you will still be tripping the breaker. Use it as a starting point in your planning. But use a Kill-A-Watt to take actual readings.

And if the program has no fudge factor added. I would limit to 90% load or less.

mryan23 wrote:

Did the sequence selected at the beginning have 16 channels? Something is causing the program to not associate any channels with the outlets, are you still not seeing the screen with the drop down menus to select which controllers are plugged into which outlets?

Does the program still go straight from saying no to load a profile to asking how many outlets you have?

Are you saying no and clicking the next button or just one or the other? If you click both that could cause it to skip past the screen that allows you to set the current for each channel.

Open program {initial start up}, load sequence of choice, next screen and say no to load any profiles, click next, goes to the how many outlets screen, type in number of outlets, goes to enter outlet description and breaker/amp info for outlet,click next {have to click it twice, one time and the program does nothing},goes to outlets not used info output, then click next, goes to save profile screen, click yes or no or next {not all 3} and program asks if I want to load a new sequence.

I never get to or see the controller/channel screen at all.

I am only selecting ONE and ONLY ONE option from any of the screens, whether it be yes, no or next, never all of them, but the next button won't move forward after the outlet id/breaker screen without clicking on it twice, again, clicking once, and I tried this and let the program sit and idle for 10 minutes, nothing happened, clicked next a second time and it moves to the proile page, then gives me outlets are not in use.

Never had this with the original program I first downloaded and tried.

It's definitely strange and I can't figure out what could even be causing the problem.

I have used 16, 48, 64 and 80 channel sequences, all do the same thing.

I think the reason its skipping past the drop down menus is because you were forced to click next twice. I'm not exactly sure why its stalling for so long and forcing you to click it twice. I'm guessing because for some reason the screen that has a text field for each channel isn't showing up.

I hope this version will force it to go to that screen and HOPEFULLY that will fix it.....

I've included the original jar file in the zip folder, I dont think it'll make a difference but if the exe doesnt work try the jar see if its any better.

Also, have you tried redownloading the original zip? I'm not sure what happened to make it break this badly but the bug I was attempting to fix isnt really that noticeable if I cant figure out what on earth is going on with the new one.

Attached files LOR Virtual Ammeter v4.zip

I'm going to try the new one on my laptop and see if it does the same thing. Laptop is running Windows 7. And then try it on the desktop that has Win XP HE on it and see if there is any difference.

Folders and sequences are the same on both systems.

So it may be something with the desktop, but will check and let you know.

Version 1 now gives me the same issues on BOTH systems. When I originally installed it, it worked perfectly on both.

So I'm completely baffled why none of them work now!????

So am I...Everything seems to be working fine on my computer. In a few days I will have access to a different computer I will try it on there.

I just tried to run the program on an old sequence I created back before I bought an LOR license. The program couldnt read that file. I tried to open it in notepad and when i did it was complete jibberish. Also, some of the old s2 sequences didnt work quite right but some did. Is the sequence you're trying to use this with s2 or s3? If you try to open it in notepad or anything like that can you read it at all?

hmm...

This is really strange. I especially dont understand why redownloading version 1 doesnt work.

Does anyone have it working or am I the only one?

Try loading this profile in with a 16 channel sequence.

Its just one 15 amp outlet with all 16 channels at 1 amp so it should tell you the circuit is tripped the first time you have all 16 channels on at the same time.

Attached files Test16.zip