Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence builder for rgb targets. meighan.net/seqbuilder/index.php

smeighan

LORAdmin wrote:

Sean,

It might be wise to go ahead and remove all ID's from your site. If a user wants to join it, then they can send you a PM.

[align=center]
1000000% AGREE WITH THIS! [/align]
@SEAN: I DO NOT want my name or anything else PORTED to ANY SITE I have not visited, checked out or approved of to the use of my name or anything else about me.

This could lead to some real LEGAL REPURCUSSIONS doing something like this WITHOUT PRIOR USER CONSENT!

And since I DID NOT CONSENT to this, I also am requesting my name BE REMOVED FORTHWITH and IMMEDIATELY from this database!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smeighan

• shfr26

• George Simmons

• Don

Guest wbottomley

smeighan wrote:

I have imported 1800 names from DLA and 1000 names from LOR and seeded the database. I dont have email or passwords, just the login names seen in the member list. If you do not find your login you can send me a PM OR you can use 'guest' password 'welcome1' to just play with the from.

All accounts currently have the password "welcome1".

Let me guess... you asked LOR to take their user accounts? If not... I see some trouble on the horizon.

I understand what you are wanting to do... but it should be a membership at will not robbing it from other websites.

wbottomley wrote:

smeighan wrote:
I have imported 1800 names from DLA and 1000 names from LOR and seeded the database. I dont have email or passwords, just the login names seen in the member list. If you do not find your login you can send me a PM OR you can use 'guest' password 'welcome1' to just play with the from.

Let me guess... you asked LOR to take their user accounts? If not... I see some trouble on the horizon.

I understand what you are wanting to do... but it should be a membership at will not robbing it from other websites.

Concept is nice but taking my user name without consent and creating a account for myself is not acceptable remove my name from your site and I will follow up to make sure it has been removed. Was not a very wise choice to have been a member here for less than a month and pull a stunt like this, not a good way to earn trust.

George Simmons wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Add me to "Take my user name off your list" group.

Ditto

This is BS! You should be removed from the forum! Thinking you can take information without permission is what thieves do. Who care what your intentions are! Pack your bags and get out of town!

Donny

Donny M. Carter wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
shfr26 wrote:

Ditto

This is BS! You should be removed from the forum! Thinking you can take information without permission is what thieves do. Who care what your intentions are! Pack your bags and get out of town!

Donny

Agree, and also remove me from your database

Donny M. Carter wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Ditto

Pack your bags and get out of town!

Fine - that's exactly what I was planning to do anyway, nah, nah, nah, nah-nah...

Got a grandson's birthday party today, so you'll have to find someone else to pick on and bully Donny.

smeighan wrote:

Hi all;

I have a new release of code that will build the target models

http://meighan.net/seqbuilder/main_login.php

Please give any feedback on if this looks like it will cover your megatree.

So here is what i plan.

This page has a mysql db backend.
I expect you to be able to describe your tree with the prompts i currently have.
After you save the form , your tree will be saved under your name.

smeighan wrote:
Hello LOR community;

I am new to all of this. I have only used the Mr Christmas 6 channel light controllers from Home Depot. Over the next year i plan on getting 6 Lynx express, some of the smart strings and build a mega tree, I do not think i will be using LOR yet, i will start with Vixen.

I decided to build a tool to create sequences on target RGB objects. The output of this tool will work for LOR/Vixen/LSP.

Actually after reading you first post in this thread that you have no intention of using LOR then you strut in here and start a thread and then steal all of our user information to start your own site without our permission I am starting to agree with the others it is time for you to leave LOR Forums! My first response was just to remove my name from your list but more I read back through the threads the more it pissed me off that you even did this. I for one as I feel many others here will follow saying ask the LOR Admin, Dan, Don Chuck or whoever to remove this user and ban them for these actions! I took this person just over 2 weeks to come in here and start stealing information from users and is not even a LOR user!

Donny M. Carter wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
shfr26 wrote:

Ditto

Donny

I concur. This is a violation of user rights, maybe not so much the forum rules, and if there is no such rule, then one needs to be put in place for crap like this! Because if there isn't, then users aren't being protected from "harvesting" like this.

If any user on a forum I ran did this, they'd be banned for life and would never be allowed to return! Might be considered harsh by some standards, but my users should not, or ever be, subjected to having their user ID or name "harvested", "ported", "copied", or "placed" on any other site WITHOUT their permission first.

I may get reprimanded for this statement{per the new rules}, but I'm sorry, this was just blatant stupidity for anyone to do something like this!

Hmmm, what do they call that when a band of folks get together and sue someone for something as idiotic as this was? Oh yea, CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT anyone?

BTW: If I really stated what I would love to say about this, this thread would be deleted and locked faster than superman outrunning a speeding locomotive!

Guest wbottomley

wbottomley wrote:

LORAdmin wrote:
Jeff Millard wrote:

So Don, I take it this is another case of William, George and I bullying someone?

Jeff

No.

I guess we need to write that down in the record books.

Where's that edit button?

edit%20button.jpg