Light-O-Rama Forums

Tearing down the display

Wayne K

Waited on the Epiphany yesterday running one day past tonight all breakers get shut off tonight along with the show computer till next year. Hope that someone else comes to take it all down though, tear down sucks its easy physically but is a big bummer knowing next time anyone will get to see your show of hard work and love is 11 months away.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wayne K

• Champion Sound Entertainment

• Denis Chaput

• lightzilla

I'm all torn down. Beautiful weather in the mid 50's for it. First time ever I've been able to wrap up extension cords easily outside in January. If it's as nice tomorrow as it was today, we might take the 47 Ford Street Rod out for a drive tomorrow.

Max-Paul wrote:

Ok, so I will be one of the crazy ones. Going to leave them up for a few more weeks. Just not going to run any kind of show. UNLESS, we get a few inches of snow. then will run a short show for a few more nights. Something about Christmas lights in a thin blanket of snow. Gives everything a frosted look. So, let them call me crazy for a few more weeks.

Im thinking of keeping my display up until we buy our new house and to run the same 10 song show with music over my PA system over and over and over to drive my neighbor crazy for letting her dog urinate on part of my display...

Not to mention that for me christmas usually lasts from Thanksgiving to St. Patricks Day.... and I really enjoy my lights, even if the neighbors dont!

Champion Sound Entertainment wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:
Ok, so I will be one of the crazy ones. Going to leave them up for a few more weeks. Just not going to run any kind of show. UNLESS, we get a few inches of snow. then will run a short show for a few more nights. Something about Christmas lights in a thin blanket of snow. Gives everything a frosted look. So, let them call me crazy for a few more weeks.

Im thinking of keeping my display up until we buy our new house and to run the same 10 song show with music over my PA system over and over and over to drive my neighbor crazy for letting her dog urinate on part of my display...

Not to mention that for me christmas usually lasts from Thanksgiving to St. Patricks Day.... and I really enjoy my lights, even if the neighbors dont!

>>>Almost like what Danny DeVito did to Matthew Brodrick in Deck The Halls....

Oh and they also installed a massive floodlight aimed right at my display because "they were afraid that the people who came to view my lights might break into their house"...

Rich people ... Im telling ya - I cant wait to move out of this neighberhood!!!