Light-O-Rama Forums

Tearing down the display

Wayne K

Almost everything is down. All I have let is my Pinwheel and the large Tree.

Nothing is put a way yet though, it's just layed out neatly on my basement floor ready to be organized an then put a way.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wayne K

• Champion Sound Entertainment

• Denis Chaput

• lightzilla

Cords all off the lawn, wrapped and put in tubs as well as the ones feeding the redwood trees.. Candy Canes put away.. Strobe lights put away and also the controllers put in the shed. Tomorrow I take down the rest of the lawn.

Built several things this year and need to figure out how to store them. Shouldn't be too bad.. I hope! ;-)

Gotta fix my bucket truck before I can take the lights out of the big redwood trees.. could be a week or three..

It was about 45 degrees outside today and all the snow melted off, so I took everything down today... Weeks to setup, 4 hours to tear down. :)

I still have to pack everything away neatly, but it's all in the basement now.

I was so grateful that it was warm today and there was no snow on the ground... I'm moving in a month and I was dreading taking everything down in two feet of snow like we usually have.

Weeks to put up but it was 70 degrees here and sunny yesterday. All packed up and labeled with my wife's help in planning for next year's display.

I got everything taken down today as it was a great day. I was supprised that the PVC light frames that I made came down easier than I thought they would. all other items came apart easily too. So as of about 3:30pm MST I was totally un christmas in the front yard and most everything put away. At least it is all in the places that they were stored last year.

Brrrr. I'm cold! Last night was the final show for me. Started taking down my display and came inside to warm up. The wind is what is killing me. I have the projector screen off the mount so it does not get damaged. I tried to take the snow tubes out of the tree and now they are all stuck in branches.

Today: A slight chance of snow showers after 4pm. Sunny, with a high near 31. Breezy, with a west wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tonight: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a northwest wind between 20 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Made it easy on myself, with both controllers on 1 stand, and all my lights are on props. The windows, shutters, mini trees are all PVC props hung in thier respective areas. It took without an exageration 1 hour to take it all down, and pack it away in the attic.

Next year will not be an easy story. I feel for you guys with Mega/Weber trees, CCRs that have to be wrapped, and blow molds. My hat is off to all in this hobby not in the creation but the overall work it takes before and after the season.

Welp, plans changed for us. Hurt my back yesterday during the yard take down so the house lights are going to have to wait 'til next weekend.

The front of the house has all it's lights on it still and there is one mini-mega-tree left in the yard. I figure with the 4"-7" of snow they are forecasting for tonight and tomorrow it should look good... especially since we had ZERO snow during the light season this year.

-Jeff (who is going back to laying on the couch now...)

you guys are killing me... we finally got our first snow that stuck last night. I still dont have any video, so hopefully i can get some tonight before tearing down over the coming week... hats off to those of you that have already started or that are mostly finished! Im jealous... normally my stuff is up until March, and the wife and neighbors are on me pretty hard to get it down. LOL

shfr26 wrote:

Most of the lights down, controllers put away, mega tree down, going in for a while,too hot to work too long.

Well it's supposed to be really cold here tomorrow, that is if the weather folks have it right. We're either too hot or even hotter.

I haven't even started yet, but getting ready to in about a half-hour or so. Was planning on getting a sunrise start, but that didn't happen.

EDIT: It's 12:05pm EST in Florida and in Orlando a very nice 67 degrees!:(

Orville wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Most of the lights down, controllers put away, mega tree down, going in for a while,too hot to work too long.

Well it's supposed to be really cold here tomorrow, that is if the weather folks have it right. We're either too hot or even hotter.

I haven't even started yet, but getting ready to in about a half-hour or so. Was planning on getting a sunrise start, but that didn't happen.

EDIT: It's 12:05pm EST in Florida and in Orlando a very nice 67 degrees!:(

Surprisngly here in Springhill FL they expect it to be 24 tomorrow night! Right now a perfect 64 outside.

I plan to tear down this coming weekend (Jan 6-7). The weather is supposed to be in the 70s. Living in the South means we see very little snow. Even though this week is below freezing at night, I don't see any chance of snow soon. I would really like to see the display with a few inches on the ground. I was late getting lights on due to several setbacks. First show was Dec 16. So folks are still coming this week to watch.

It was a balmy 54 degrees here in Seattle on Jan1st...so got everything down and packed away in about 6 hours...

working on next year already...

I am 99% down. Nothing left but a stick farm in the yard that's frozen in and a bunch of stuff in the basement to put into its proper storage spot. We had perfect conditions for teardown this year and it still takes 3 days for the two of us to get it done.

-35 centigrade:shock: here with the windchill factor,got all the front yard stuff down now dragging the cords in the shop to warm them up and roll up .Should be done by thursday if the weather warms up to -9 centigrade:D as predicted

As the winds picked up yesterday, in Central Florida, it was upper 50's, perfect for tear down...i'm about 1/2 done, will attempt the rest this weekend, don't like getting tangled knots in the dark so the rest of the week is shot. Sure beats doing this here as opposed to when I lived in Minnesota...not as pretty without the snow, but hey, they didn't have any snow this year either !

The weather here was perfect for taking down the display on Monday. Took about 2 hours to get it all down. It's all in the garage waiting to be checked, wiped down & packed up for its trip down to the backyard storage building till time to do it all over again.

Well I took 75% of my display down when it was 65 outside. Now it is sooo cold I am staying in. All I got left is the 30 foot mega tree and all its wonderful lights. Probally the hardest thing to put away nicely.

Balmy 57 degrees here, so went out and got the rest of the outside decor down today, that I didn't get too on Monday.

Had planned on doing finishing it on Tuesday, but with it being windy and 35 degrees outside that felt a lot colder due to the wind chill, I stayed in.

Fortunately today being that balmy 57 and no wind, I was able to get all the rest of the outdoor decor down.

Just rolled it and tossed stuff in totes. I'll worry about the untangling when the time comes to pull it back out again. Normally I take my time and pack things in plastic zip-loc bags, just got too darn lazy this time around.

Finished up tearing the display down. I got to work on it last sunday and then the cold and snow moved back in the first of the week. Worked yesterday for a couple of hours with it being 50 degrees out and finished up today with it being 44 degrees out. Finally done for another year!!!!!!!!!!
Wayne