Light-O-Rama Forums

Tearing down the display

Wayne K

How many people are tearing down there display today? I started at about 8:30 this mourning and I am about 70% done. Had to stop for the rain going thru, But that give me time to wrap all of the cords and lights and put that batch into there containers. Rain looks like it is just about out of here. But we also have a high wind warning until tonight.
Wayne

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wayne K

• Champion Sound Entertainment

• Denis Chaput

• lightzilla

I started to take it down last night at 10pm but just a bit & so this morning I took down all the blowmolds, wood cutouts, lights that go around the yard, mini trees, sleeves from 2 matrix poles and some cords.

Then I packed away those things & I am taking a break.

Getting a good start before the real winter comes here.

Guest Don Gillespie

lightzilla wrote:

I started to take it down last night at 10pm but just a bit & so this morning I took down all the blowmolds, wood cutouts, lights that go around the yard, mini trees, sleeves from 2 matrix poles and some cords.

Then I packed away those things & I am taking a break.

Getting a good start before the real winter comes here.

I am with you Scott I have all 10 controllers put away going to take a nap and take some more stuff down temps are supposed to get to 12 degrees tomorrow so I will slowly take stuff down before I leave for Mexico for the month of Feb.

Most of the lights down, controllers put away, mega tree down, going in for a while,too hot to work too long.

Will be starting tomorrow first thing in the morning,have all week off to put everything away and repair if needed.Also have a couple of elves to help me put my minitrees away in the shed attic also my lighted deers.Looks like cold weather for tomorrowbut getting warmer for the rest of the week.

Denis

I too fell pray to the nice day and need to put this stuff away.
We are supposed to get 4 to 8 inches of snow and then colder for the coming week. It has been in the upper 30's here for the last couple of days.
So I was drinking my coffee this morning and see the dreaded "Winter Storm Warning" on my weather watcher.
The ground is still thawed so I decided to get some of it done today rather than let it sit out there and possibly have to work in the snow and crap.
The last tear down took almost a week of shoveling, chopping, and cussing at the snow and ice.

Today it took only 4 hours to tear it all down and get it into the basement to dry out!! Holy moly!
I couldn't believe that I got everything except for the mega tree lights and the roof C7's down and in.
The only reason I couldn't do the mega tree is that I ran out of room!
Once the stuff in the basement dries out in a couple of days and I can put it away, I will be able to bring in the mega lights and all will be done (have to wait till spring to get the C7's but that is normal anyway.

I was even able to take down all my stakes for the candy canes and my sign posts and all my anchors came right out without a fuss. This is just too nice to believe.
I'm so happy to have it done so soon that I have a nice fillet mignon thawing out to grill to celebrate!
Woo Hoo.

Now I can start working on next years stuff all that much sooner!!

shfr26 wrote:

Most of the lights down, controllers put away, mega tree down, going in for a while,too hot to work too long.

I wish we had that problem up here in Indiana. 34 degrees and substained wind of about 20-25 mph with snow in the forcast for tonight. So trying to get as much done as I can before the snow gets here. Down to my mega tree and the icicle lights on the house now. I guess time for coffee break to be done and get back to work on some small stuff yet to do.

Wayne

I started around 8:45am this morning on the yard and the wifey and kiddos started helping out around 10am. We got almost the entire yard(except for one 4,800 mini-mega-tree) down and put away by 2pm.

Rain moved into the area then and it's still raining a bit. I'd like to get the roof work done today too since some COLD snowy weather is moving in tonight thru Wednesday or so.

-Jeff

I have continually advertised that my lights would be on Thanksgiving Night through New Year's Night; so they will come down tomorrow morning.

I had to make a platform above the car in the garage to hold all my new things for this year. Should work great.

Weeks to put up and hours to take down. Started this morning and now have everything in garage drying alittle before i put it in the raftors. We got a couple inches of snow last night but had full intention to get it all down today... snow or no snow.

Ok, so I will be one of the crazy ones. Going to leave them up for a few more weeks. Just not going to run any kind of show. UNLESS, we get a few inches of snow. then will run a short show for a few more nights. Something about Christmas lights in a thin blanket of snow. Gives everything a frosted look. So, let them call me crazy for a few more weeks.

I might keep the red and green on my bushes for Valentines and St Patricks.

Besides, a lot of static displays stay up for awhile, so why not run static?

Max-Paul wrote:

So, let them call me crazy for a few more weeks.

You can count on us, Max... :D:D:D

Matrix is down as is the controllers for the Matrix & all put away.

I still have the 12ft tree, Fan & the 4 arches left but there is Monday.

Thank God for no snow on the deck & for the descent weather we are having for this time of year. So now we only have 4.5 months of winter left......now if the snow & cold would stay away & head to Florida for Max that would be o k with me.

it was s super late night last night... didn't get squat done! had a bit of a hangover must have been the jello shots...
2 days ago I blew a fuse in the controller. when went to pull the fuse it was stuck in the holder (corrosion)I had to do the radio shack thing to get a different fuse holder ( temporary cus this one was only 10 amp and did not fit the hole..) It looks like grainger has what I need I didnt get videos of every song yet ... not sure what i want to do yet.
After review of videos so far this year I have to say, I need to work on my sequencing

lol yukon you better pray hard...lol or get some of us to pray for that giants win too. My Packers JV team beat the lions starters. :}

Tonight is the last night running and will start slowing removing and placing it in my new covered storage trailer.. This should be a blast.. Got to leave stuff at the end so we can start bulding for next years show. LOL

Finish tearing mine down today. Just need to finish packing everything up and store it. The packing can wait until tomorrow cold drink was looking at me.