Light-O-Rama Forums

Purchasing Controller from whom advice needed

dgrant

Don,

You are correct.. that is why the ELLs will only do 3CCRs at a time.

Read my next post. I found a cable issue with the hard wired setup.

Craig

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dgrant

• caniac

• plasmadrive

• Don

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw something else out there, just to add to the fun...

If all CCR's are assigned the same UnitID, then you only have 1 set of commands going across the network. Yes, this means your CCR's are always going to be doing the same thing. (But if that's what you are wanting to do, then it's no big deal. If you want them doing something different, then obviously that won't work.)

Will that work?

I get that if you are only sending data it should be fine, but don't they talk back to the program to tell them they are on line or something like that? I know that in the Hardware setup when you tell it to go "refresh", doesn't it require the units to respond back? won't that cause data issues?

I don't know, but that sounds logical.. perhaps without the Hardware setup that just might fly

plasmadrive wrote:

Will that work? 

I get that if you are only sending data it should be fine, but don't they talk back to the program to tell them they are on line or something like that?  I know that in the Hardware setup when you tell it to go "refresh", doesn't it require the units to respond back?  won't that cause data issues?

I don't know, but that sounds logical.. perhaps without the Hardware setup that just might fly

I'd guess something has to talk back to the software/HWU to let it know a controller is there. However, the software doesn't panic if you have 10 devices with one UnitID online. You just see 10 "01"'s on the network.

When the shows are running, though, the controllers do not talk back to the software. They listen for commands and execute them. (And for those who understand this: Consider it UDP concept not a TCP concept.)

uummm...

Going to have to give that a try me thinks..

Now that I think even more about it, you can have multiple controllers with the same ID number, why not CCRs?