• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimmy lorrain

• Max-Paul

• shfr26

• scubado

Jimmy, rather than try to cram this stuff into your head, just relax and learn it. A PhD isn't earned in a day, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a step, and LOR is no different. Absorbing it will take time.

My approach has been to learn one new thing each day about the software by researching and trial. It is surprising how much you will pick up in a week's time, and then look back a month and see the distance you have covered. That may or may not work for you, but it is an idea and yields some "tangible" results.

Don't expect a perfect product (your sequencing), especially just starting out. In fact, I have sequenced about six songs so far, and all of them will get another "glance over" because of the things I am learning as I go. As your skills progress, things will get faster and results will be better.

And keep your channel count reasonable. A total of 16-32 channels is enough to figure things out, in my opinion.

wbottomley wrote:

They can't be purchases anywhere. The talented Robin Stublen made them a few years back. I acquired them this past Summer when he was selling his items.

That was one very lucky acquirement! Wish I could be so lucky to find something that cool for my display! Those singing Chipmunks of Alvin, Theodore and Simon, including David SeVille you got are just awesome.

Thanks for letting me know. Had a feeling someone had made them, wish I had the talent to make awesome stuff like that.

Guest wbottomley

Orville wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
They can't be purchases anywhere. The talented Robin Stublen made them a few years back. I acquired them this past Summer when he was selling his items.

That was one very lucky acquirement!   Wish I could be so lucky to find something that cool for my display!  Those singing Chipmunks of Alvin, Theodore and Simon, including David SeVille you got are just awesome.

Thanks for letting me know.   Had a feeling someone had made them, wish I had the talent to make awesome stuff like that.

I could have made them if I wanted to. But... being that Robin was in your back door, He let me have first dibs of everything in his display that was for sale. It made my life much easier. Plus... I got another chance to shoot the BS for a while.

What a great person to have as a good friend!

George Simmons wrote:

If someone gives you a roasted chipmunk today, you'll be just as helpless tomorrow when you get hungry again.

If someone teaches you how to catch and roast your own chipmunk, you'll never go hungry again.  

That brings to mind the difference between knowledge and Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing how to catch and roast a chipmunk. Where as, wisdom is knowing that chipmunks should not be caught and roasted, especially in the state of California where they are protected.:D

jimmy lorrain wrote:

im workin on a sequence to black sabbath the mob rules.

With it's strong beat, that song is a good choice for your first sequence. I haven't tried that particular song, but the Beat Wizard should be able to work well with that (if you purchased a Basic Plus or higher license).

ineed to know things like how to put in repetitive notes on the grid...
After setting the timing grid for the beat, I would sequence one measure, then use "Edit -> Copy", and "Edit -> Paste Multiple" to copy it to the end of the sequence.

I remember feeling the same way you did when I first started to sequence. But like everything in life, if you keep doing it, it will magically get easier.

Next year, you will look back at the sequences you have done this year and think: "That really looks like a beginner did it." And you'll be right, but you can improve it every year, as long as you don't give up.

Don Gillespie wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
If someone gives you a roasted chipmunk today, you'll be just as helpless tomorrow when you get hungry again.

If someone teaches you how to catch and roast your own chipmunk, you'll never go hungry again.

I knew you guys from Min. were a different breed LOL :P oh by the way I can't make it for dinner George. I am allergic to chipmunks.

Yo Don, if they are the same size as up here or in the mountains then 1 bit and it is gone. Of course if we were to hunt & eat chipmunks up here, we would more than likely get 20 years with no chance of parole for 10.....so you have no worries of ever eating chipmunk until you go for a visit.

shfr26 wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
George Simmons wrote:
If someone gives you a roasted chipmunk today, you'll be just as helpless tomorrow when you get hungry again.

I knew you guys from Min. were a different breed LOL :P oh by the way I can't make it for dinner George. I am allergic to chipmunks.

Good ole chipmunk and bisquits and gravy for breakfast, who could ask for any more?:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxGtKnbQ6S8