Light-O-Rama Forums

My Sprial Tree Videos

EARLE W. TALLEY

Nice Job of sequencing Earle....I like the "cleanliness" of it...

not all "muddled" up by every element blinking out of control...

Thanks Jim, that's 3 years worth of work and listing to and watching some of the pros videos on this forum. If only some of the newbies would read, watch, and listen to the advice given here on the forums I think we all would do a better job with our displays.

Earle

Earl, Love the tree's !!! I was think about doing a tree this year. Would you mind sharing your sequence with me? I guess I will be buying about 10 more controllers this year.. LOL

Your lights look great, I agree with everybody else, everything is so clearly laid out and only certain things are lit and not to much is obscuring other parts of your display. Well done. I must research this Spiral tree some more, you guys are making these spiral trees look so good!!!!

Those spiral trees look amazing! I am planning to do one for next year.

Did you follow a specific guide on the forums here? I've seen a few and am still up in the air on which one to use.

No guide, last year I had 1-8ft spiral tree that was done with 16 strings of 50ct multi lights and the length was just right for 1 1/2 turns, so this year I have 2-8ft spiral trees. My 13ft tree was a trial and error that came out to have a 10ft base and 70ct strings of lights that go 1 1/2 times around, their is a spiral tree calculator on the forum somewhere and I think it is pretty close for making the trees.
Earle

• 8 months later...

Earl, Thanks for the help. Last year was my first spiral tree and while it was ok, it wasn't looking as good as yours. I'm going to include your technics in this year show. I watch your 20 minute show a number of times marking down some of your effects to copy.

Thanks for your help.

Great video. Jaw dropping. Can you please send me sequence also. This year I will do three spiral tree. Not many people do LOR in Hawaii. I wish is can go to the mainland, meet the pros, and take the LOR classes. This is my third year, its not as easy to program as people think. Aloha Bcspy@hawaii.rr.com

No guide, last year I had 1-8ft spiral tree that was done with 16 strings of 50ct multi lights and the length was just right for 1 1/2 turns, so this year I have 2-8ft spiral trees. My 13ft tree was a trial and error that came out to have a 10ft base and 70ct strings of lights that go 1 1/2 times around, their is a spiral tree calculator on the forum somewhere and I think it is pretty close for making the trees.<br/>Earle

On your 8' trees, how large are the bases and how many "support" lines does it take to make such round trees? Your trees look great and the wife and kids would love me to add one or two to our display. :)

Jeffrey, the 8' trees have a 6' base and have 16-3 mm steel cables so does the 13' tree. The cables are hooked to 20" rebar with turnbuckles. The 8' trees have 16 strings of 50 ct multi lights wrapped 1 1/2 times. The 13' tree has 16 strings of 70 ct blue and 16 strings of 70 ct green wrapped in different directions 1 1/2 times. The KEY to a good spiral tree is to keep the cables TIGHT , if you don't the tree will start to collapse when you put the lights on it. BTW the 13" tree has a base of 10'.

Earle

very dumb question how you make a spiral tree ??

do you build a frame first and wrap the lights around in a spiral ?? would like samples also thanks beyeseeu@charter.net

a kinda quick dummy guy diagram would be nice thanks lol