Light-O-Rama Forums

My Sprial Tree Videos

EARLE W. TALLEY

Jeffrey, the 8' trees have a 6' base and have 16-3 mm steel cables so does the 13' tree. The cables are hooked to 20" rebar with turnbuckles. The 8' trees have 16 strings of 50 ct multi lights wrapped 1 1/2 times. The 13' tree has 16 strings of 70 ct blue and 16 strings of 70 ct green wrapped in different directions 1 1/2 times. The KEY to a good spiral tree is to keep the cables TIGHT , if you don't the tree will start to collapse when you put the lights on it. BTW the 13" tree has a base of 10'.

Earle

Awesome information there! cheers2.gif

Hope you don't mind if I copy it to the letter. I'm not very creative but I can copy pretty well... just ask *every* teacher I've ever had. :D

Thanks Earle!

Edited by Jeffrey

I hope everyone knows that the video in post #1 was taken at the start of 2011(Dec.), there were several things that were out of sync and to me didn't look right. Any of the sequences that I send out have been corrected and/or improved since the video was taken.

Earle

Oh wow.........that's sweet!

I want one now, but guess I'll have to wait until my display next year. Hope you don't mind me hunting you down in here next year for some help! :D

I just hope I am still here to help. The 2012 video should be better as well as the sequences, once I put them up they will be aval. to all that wants them.

Earle

Earle,

I was very impressed with all of your song selections, crisp detail in synchronizing and design layout. I realize its only 1 day before October but with all of the yearly activities (coaching my son sports teams, playing my own sport leagues, work, yard chores, ...) I have not even begun my Halloween display preps. I was thinking of adding a layer of spiral lights to my 20' Mega Tree since I was unsure what I could do quickly as an addition and believe you have convinced me. Thanks for all of your deligent work for us to enjoy!

Just wanted to add my thanks to Earle, he is one of the great guys in this hobby that provides inspiration and an example to others.

Thanks,

Mike

Great job love it if anybody like to help a newbie with some sequences email to me at ches.nfld@yahoo.ca thank you if you come help

Great job love it if anybody like to help a newbie with some sequences email to me at ches.nfld@yahoo.ca thank you if you come help

Nothing like jumping in there :D

Welcome aboard.

First, some info...

What's your name?

How many channels?

What are you using?

What are you looking for?

What do you have?

And ... Come help? Will you pay for mileage??? :P

Maybe an intro??? :rolleyes: (but on a new thread/topic) Just a thought.

Again, welcome aboard.

Tom

Edited by Santas Helper

Wow...just wow. That is amazing execution! I must keep telling myself..."patience young grasshopper patience." I have much to learn!

I want to thank everyone for their comments and also for the "Thank You's" from the all of the ones that I sent sequences to. I am expecting to see alot of great spiral trees this year, so please post a video when you can.

Earle

Wow...just wow. That is amazing execution! I must keep telling myself..."patience young grasshopper patience." I have much to learn!

Don't forget, you have to learn to walk on rice paper without leaving a print. ;)

sorry id problably eat the rice paper before i walked on it LOL

Remember to add water first. That stuff is dry. :lol:

Earle, your trees are fantastic! I'm trying to do my first spiral tree this year also. (10ft) Just finished making and welding my stand and getting all the parts and lights. Now it's time to add the tree sequencing to my sequences. Any chance I could get a sample sequence to get me started? And how do you visually test your sequence? Did you draw a spiral tree in LOR animation viewer? Email is jperkic@tx.rr.com

jptaz,

I use the Visualizer to test my sequences, there are spiral tree props already there for people to use, some 16, 32 & 64 channels.

I will send you some sequences.

Earle