Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble with songs not playing in Show

Champion Sound Entertainment

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Did I miss something in the OP.. I think I saw the audio wasnt re-saved within the sequence, in the default locations.. (the error msg).. If the sequences are saved in the parent LOR directory, (and not in lor/sequences) the SSB wont find them, as you cant re-direct focus anywhere else but lor/sequences sub-directory.. so yeah, they'll play in Seq editor, but the Show wont -ever- find them..

So should I move the sequences & audio files into the main lightorama folder?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don

• Champion Sound Entertainment

• ChuckHutchings

• TJ Hvasta

Top Posters In This Topic

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Did I miss something in the OP.. I think I saw the audio wasnt re-saved within the sequence, in the default locations.. (the error msg).. If the sequences are saved in the parent LOR directory, (and not in lor/sequences) the SSB wont find them, as you cant re-direct focus anywhere else but lor/sequences sub-directory.. so yeah, they'll play in Seq editor, but the Show wont -ever- find them..

Don wrote:

Champion Sound Entertainment wrote:

See this post:

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_post.php?post_id=290404

Then put your sequences in that newly defined location.

Thanks don I'll give that a look when I get home

Did you convert the itunes to mp3. lOR will not play mp4. After you convert them associate the in the sequence editor and play them.

To make it easy, create a sequence file on your desktop. They are easier to find than the L o r folders imo

Dale W wrote:

Did you convert the itunes to mp3. lOR will not play mp4. After you convert them associate the in the sequence editor and play them.

To make it easy, create a sequence file on your desktop. They are easier to find than the L o r folders imo

Yeah I converted all the purchased songs in iTunes to mp3's with the iTunes converter. After I added the mp3's i put them in the (LOR > Audio) section then went in to each sequenced and edited the audio to the iTunes mp3. They work fine in the sequencer but have problems in the show. Im about to check out the link Don posted, so maybe that will clear everything up...

Don wrote:

Champion Sound Entertainment wrote:

You should see this post:

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_post.php?post_id=290404

Then put your sequences in that newly defined location.

When I ran LOR Post it was already designated the correct folder for sequences. So I just browsed location and reset it to the correct folder C:>documents>Lightorama

Im going to reset my computer and try the show again tomorrow. Its raining tonight and I have all my light displays covered up to avoid any damage...

When I was testing everything - i thought i had a power problem, so I spent alot of frustrated time checking plugs, connections, power supply, etc. only to find out that it was a glitch on my cpu or LOR program. Reset the program and VOILA! everything was working.

Im hoping its just something simple like a reset that will do the trick... because ive edited and tested all the sequences. I have my files in the correct locations. And the two songs that were throwing errors in the verifier are 2 of the 3 songs that actually work in the show...

If any of you can think of something else to try please let me know, otherwise I do appreciate all your help.

Blessings,
Champ

PS: The computer I run the show on is the same computer I have been using to edit and program sequences. Its a dedicated laptop I purchased solely for my LOR controllers.

If it's me ...

1) BACKUP your sequences and audio files.
2) Now, make SURE you have a backup.
3) Uninstall Light-O-Rama.
4) Go back and delete any remaining sequences and audio files.
4a) Hopefully you have a backup.
5) Re-install LOR.
6) When you run it the first time make note of where the directory is.
7) From your backup (you have one, right?) place the sequences in the 'sequences' directory and the audio in the 'audio' directory.
8) Open the sequences in the Sequence Editor, and make sure the sequence will play. You may need to re-associate the audio file to the sequence again.

Now, create ONE show with ONE song in it. Schedule it to run for 1 hour.

Run the LOR Verifier. If it complains about the media missing (as it did before) then go back and check your sequences. Make sure they play in the editor. Repeat if necessary.

Why all the steps? I'm thinking somewhere along the way you may have saved/placed/copied your sequences in another directory. Things went downhill from there.

[Yes, I'm harping on the backup. It's important here.]

Don wrote:

If it's me ...

1) BACKUP your sequences and audio files.
2) Now, make SURE you have a backup.
3) Uninstall Light-O-Rama.
4) Go back and delete any remaining sequences and audio files.
4a) Hopefully you have a backup.
5) Re-install LOR.
6) When you run it the first time make note of where the directory is.
7) From your backup (you have one, right?) place the sequences in the 'sequences' directory and the audio in the 'audio' directory.
8) Open the sequences in the Sequence Editor, and make sure the sequence will play. You may need to re-associate the audio file to the sequence again.

Now, create ONE show with ONE song in it. Schedule it to run for 1 hour.

Run the LOR Verifier. If it complains about the media missing (as it did before) then go back and check your sequences. Make sure they play in the editor. Repeat if necessary.

Why all the steps? I'm thinking somewhere along the way you may have saved/placed/copied your sequences in another directory. Things went downhill from there.

[Yes, I'm harping on the backup. It's important here.]

I do have a few different sequences I downloaded and had to add audio files to and when i edited the files i put SAVE AS, just in case there was any problem. But when i saved them as new i put the word NEW in large print next to title of sequence so I could identify which sequences have been edited to incorporate the new audio file. Could having multiple versions of the same sequence be causing a problem, even though i have identified which sequences are the ones i want in the show and others are just older files?

When you say backup, are you simply referring to adding the sequences on to a thumb drive or SD card? or backing up the copies on the computer?

I'm saying back them up somewhere other than your computer. When you do this, remove *all* copies from your computer. When you go to restore, you will do so from the backup copies... (flash drive, SD card, etc.)

Don wrote:

I'm saying back them up somewhere other than your computer. When you do this, remove *all* copies from your computer. When you go to restore, you will do so from the backup copies... (flash drive, SD card, etc.)

sequencefolder.png

So im just curious if maybe you guys can clue me into why there would be 3 versions of the same sequence? Could this be what is causing the problem? or is this normal and i should back up all 3 extensions of the sequence?

TJ Hvasta wrote:

And if we said "DONT have sequences or audio in any other directory but the defaults, would you believe us?

What do you mean? All my sequences are in LOR > Sequences and all of my Audio is in LOR > Audio ...