Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble with songs not playing in Show

Champion Sound Entertainment

Hey LOR Family,

So I have about 9 or 10 songs in my show that is scheduled, however it is only playing 3 of them. I went back to test the songs in sequencer to see if they work (and they do), and I went to check to make sure the songs were in the show (and they are), however when it plays the show, it just repeats the same three songs...

So right now im just manually playing songs via the sequencer. Do any of you know why some of these songs arent playing in the show?

Thank you in advance and merry christmas!

-Champ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don

• Champion Sound Entertainment

• ChuckHutchings

• TJ Hvasta

Top Posters In This Topic

Open the LOR control panel, then the Status window. Are there any errors there.

You should also run the LOR Verifier. It may also yeild some clues.

Don wrote:

Open the LOR control panel, then the Status window. Are there any errors there.

You should also run the LOR Verifier. It may also yeild some clues.

verifier.png

status-1.png

ChuckHutchings wrote:

Did you create your sequences on one computer and copy them to the show computer? That trick NEVER works! :P

Works for me all the time.

ChuckHutchings wrote:

That was hyperbole (who doesn't like Rocky and Bullwinkle?)

But if one machine is XP and the other is Win7 you'll have issues.

What issues do you have? I've got an XP, Vista and W7 machine in use, and I haven't noticed any.

ChuckHutchings wrote:

Don,

Well, for starters, media file location is different. Also, I created a show on Win7 and copied it to XP. Not a single sequence ran. (Also a file location issue.)

If you set the same Data folder on each computer, you won't have that issue.

ChuckHutchings wrote:

Did you create your sequences on one computer and copy them to the show computer? That trick NEVER works! :P

Works for me too. But then I have the LOR directory structure setup EXACTLY the same on both machines.

I use three machines actually, Lappy, sequencing computer and my show computer. My main two are the sequencing and show computers.

I'd have to check but I think the sequence uses a relative path from the sequence to the media file (which is a little more forgiving) but the show uses an explicit path to the sequence so you can't copy them reliably.

ChuckHutchings wrote:

c:userswhoever... doesn't exist on Win XP.

True, it does not.

However if you run the LORPost.exe program (located in your Light-O-Rama directory in the Program Files area) you can change the location of your default data folder to whatever you choose.

Don wrote:

ChuckHutchings wrote:
c:userswhoever... doesn't exist on Win XP.

True, it does not.

However if you run the LORPost.exe program (located in your Light-O-Rama directory in the Program Files area) you can change the location of your default data folder to whatever you choose.

You shows still won't work if you copy them.

I'm just saying this because I don't think it will fix the shows. I'll try it tomorrow to verify. (Show is running now.)

ChuckHutchings wrote:

I'd have to check but I think the sequence uses a relative path from the sequence to the media file (which is a little more forgiving) but the show uses an explicit path to the sequence so you can't copy them reliably.

If they are stored in the same directory on each computer, you can move them from computer to computer with no issues. I've done it this way since 2005 or so.

ChuckHutchings wrote:

You shows still won't work if you copy them.

I guess I'm downloading a different version of LOR than everyone else. I drag/drop from my sequencing machine to the show machine all the time.

No issues. Why? Same directory on each.