• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• jldavis1969

• JoeKinne

• BrownOut

jimswinder wrote:

Plan on finishing my last (and 9th) mini tree and my CCR Star tonight...and then I am DONE building things!!!

Did you get them done? How does the star look?

BrownOut wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Plan on finishing my last (and 9th) mini tree and my CCR Star tonight...and then I am DONE building things!!!

Did you get them done? How does the star look?

Yes and looks just like my PDF star I offered,

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=28400

except just white, blue, white with an extra "solid" blue star in the middle

will send you a pic tonight if you want.

I feel like I am so far behind right now that I should just give up......but I won't. I have 2 hybrid trees (8channel up-down and 8 channels Spiral per tree) and the new mini tree's staged in the garage with the controllers getting mounted tonight, lights up on the eaves of the house done, the star on top of the house goes up on Saturday with the mega tree. Once those items are out I will feel alot better. I have 2 of the 5 songs fully sequenced and I will probably use some modified shared songs for the remainder due to time constraints. Happily, my wife is home today, the weather is nice and she is hoping to go out and setup a large part of the static display while I am at work.:?

jldavis1969 wrote:

Ok, you guys can't be putting up display items at midnight!!!!
I might be this weekend!!!! :shock:

jldavis1969 wrote:

Why not......

The Wife and I made good progress last night, the Hybrid trees are complete and just need to be placed in the yard, the frame for the Bethlehem Star is complete and on the roof (as soon as the sand bags go up tomorrow the star/sail will go up) Most of the ground cover lights have been put out. I've got help for a couple of hours tomorrow to move the heavy/awkward stuff (tree's, sand bags...etc)...then comes the extension cords.

It's beginining to look a lot like CHRISTMAS

I have two 5ft mini trees to wrap with garland and lights still tonight. Also have to pull out all the lights and test for on the house and pre-stage everything in the garage tonight. Everything should be up and running by tomorrow night. Gives me almost two weeks to test and tweak.

JoeKinne wrote:

It's beginining to look a lot like CHRISTMAS

Just sounds like a song that need to have lights along with it.

jldavis1969 wrote:

Hmmm, when did that law get passed? I seemed to have missed the memo!:D

I put stuff up all the time, midnight, 1am, 2am, anytime I feel the need to work on my display, no matter what time of day or night. Tear down, same thing, if I feel I'm ready to start tearing down at midnight, it starts coming down!

Or are we NOT supposed to tear down at midnight too? Like said, I seemed to have missed that memo!:P

No Orville, there is noting wrong with doing it at that time of night, but your neighbors might get a little miffed at you if you happen to shine a light in there room while working on your display.

Oh, BTW, 12 DAYS TIL LIGHT UP!!!!!!!

I have been doing all of the behind the scene stuff. Checking lights, Getting new stuff ready, Working on sequences. I may start today with some stuff. They have a high wind warning for us this afternoon here. But I Start vacation Wednesday and should be done by my start time with no problems.
Wayne

Well just about got all of the physical stuff in place. Just got to renumber a few wires for my yard strobes and get them in the box and planted in the yard. So about less than an hour it will be done. Then got to revamp a few seq to add in the few new items.

Boy put on a few more pounds this year and this is becoming a work out for me. What I could do in a day has become a two day job. Looks like I best get serious and take some of that weight back off this next year. Being 6' and 280 lbs just aint working for me.

11 more days and counting. Best of luck to everyone and may their display work with no glitches.

Well, the time is really getting late. This weekend in Indy they put up all the lights on the "Worlds Largest" Christmas Tree. 52 strands and 4700 lights. This year they are again Experimenting with one strand of LED light.

I guess I'd better get back to work.

thanks to two good (GREAT) friends, and my kids and an additional pair of hands... most everything is up. have all of the wiring to do... but then should be in great shape! even took the day today, and watched football, and wrapped some lights around pvc... feeling pretty good thus far!!

good luck to all!