Light-O-Rama Forums

15 DAYS AND COUNTING

jldavis1969

I personally am ready except for putting out my FM sign. I am waiting til a couple of days before startup.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• jldavis1969

• JoeKinne

• BrownOut

Wow...I am quite envious...was adding green to my mini's last night, cut up all my PVC for the Mega Tree*christmas light show version* was measuring my incandenscents for the mega tree, going to run 3 colors and 32 strings each...since green is new color this year, bought new strings...but I measured my clear and red, wow...talk about a difference in length...the red's were only 6 inches longer, but the clears were 28 inches longer , same count, never been used...now I have to go buy 64 strings to match my clear lights, my wife is not loving me, I have sooooo gone over the 3k budget this year...oh, if she only knew by how much...:shock:

I plan on finishing our display this week-end. That would be one week ahead of schedule. The weather is too nice to pass up. Last year during the Sunday before Thanksgiving we had a small snow storm.

Don wrote:

So, your saying that I should get started programming the house sometime in the next 3 weeks? :)

Not a bad idea Don! I told my wife we may need to eat Thanksgiving dinner on the go, might not have adequate time to sit down if I don't kick it into overdrive the next couple weeks.

Almost complete. Could have done it last Sunday, but decided to hold off until this Sunday. After reading about all the problems that folks are having, I was worried.
Just one glitch with my CCrs not working, caused by an error that I made when I added them to the sequence.
I was even able to add the Disney inflatables that my son loves.
Other than that, everything has been flawless and I am really excited about doing a full test this weekend.

I'm off work from 11th thru 28th so, weather cooperating, I will have plenty of time to put up my small display. Probably need help with the mega. Plan to light up on 26th or 27th.

Stupid HOA. Nothing can be put up prior to day after Thanksgiving without risking a $1000 fine. (I am on their radar due to past years.) Some things they can't see (e.g. in trees) are already up. Looks like we'll be dragging out the halogen work lights and plenty of coffee on Black Friday.

I finished getting the light show plugged in today. All I have left to do is put up the strobes and I'm ready for testing. LOR even saw all my boxes so that's good to go.

Next I can start wiring all the rest of the display. The side yard, backyard and getting all the porch stuff out of the attic for the wife. I basically have 5 days left to work on the display.

Guest Don Gillespie

Cutting the grass as soon as I get home, roof stuff going up tomorrow, and the rest of the yard decorations on the weekend, testing to follow the previous week and light up on the 25th getting excited :D:D:D:D:D:D

Plan on finishing my last (and 9th) mini tree and my CCR Star tonight...and then I am DONE building things!!!

Hope to have it all set up (except for wiring) this weekend.

Finish wiring next weekend and test...

That will leave me four evenings to sequence about 25 songs...

so...I think I am READY!!!! :D

have a broken foot.... grrrr... didnt plan on that this year... so just put the invite out to all my buddies to come over this saturday and do 90% of it... the rest i think the kidders and I can handle... :D here's to great friends!!

I'm heading to WSU to watch my beloved Cougs play ASU this weekend. Next
Friday I'll finish the house lights (hope the boom lift works this time). Then finish the 10 ft tree & put out the seven 6 ft trees on Saturday. Sunday the seven minis, two towers and four arches go out. That leaves Wednesday, Thursday (between meals) and Friday to build all the extension cords and test.

CaptainCook wrote:

Stupid HOA. Nothing can be put up prior to day after Thanksgiving without risking a $1000 fine. (I am on their radar due to past years.) Some things they can't see (e.g. in trees) are already up. Looks like we'll be dragging out the halogen work lights and plenty of coffee on Black Friday.

I lived in one of those for 2 years, they had pretty much the same rules, but when I had the HOA president come over and show him what all goes into getting the display ready for prime time (launch date), I got permission to start putting my stuff out on November 1st for Christmas and September 20th for Halloween. The HOA I was in would have preferred Halloween decor to be put up no earlier than October 21st, but when I told and showed them what I was planning, they were willing and ready to allow me to set up earlier and run the show the entire month of October. They did say however, if any residents complained, then I wouldn't be allowed to set it up until their setup date. Fortunately all the children and the adults just loved it, so for the 2 years I was there I was able to always start earlier than others.

Have you ever talked to your HOA about how and why it takes so long to put up your display? If not, you may want to discuss that with them and maybe they might just be nice enough to understand and allow you to start earlier than Thanksgiving.

Good Luck! My next home definitely will not be where there are any HOA's!