Light-O-Rama Forums

6 weeks left to Lights On for many of us...

Santas Helper

My dad is sitting in the chair after a long and busy night. He did home haunts when I was a kid.

Attached files 276640=15312-DSC01870 (1024x768).jpg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• rgardner518

• BrownOut

• David Grygierczyk

Okay, now back to Christmas set-up which starts right away. I cleaned out the garage for prep work today and stowed all the Halloween stuff away. The next 3 weeks will be busy, busy, busy...

Santas Helper wrote:

During the Halloween haunt last night, I had neighbors coming up and saying "wow, excellent haunt, so when are you starting on Christmas?" I told them, "one season at a time" :cool:

I love your trees, did you make them or buy them somewhere?

I had my Halloween stuff done by 8am today. We had low 60's today and on vacation, so I got a lot done today. I plugged in a couple mini's as a work light in the dark to work on my border lights. Quite a few people stopped by to talk about the lights and can't wait to see the show.

scubado wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
During the Halloween haunt last night, I had neighbors coming up and saying "wow, excellent haunt, so when are you starting on Christmas?" I told them, "one season at a time" :cool:

I love your trees, did you make them or buy them somewhere?

I had my Halloween stuff done by 8am today. We had low 60's today and on vacation, so I got a lot done today. I plugged in a couple mini's as a work light in the dark to work on my border lights. Quite a few people stopped by to talk about the lights and can't wait to see the show.

Jim,

I bought the trees at Spirit Halloween Store in 2010 at 50% off but modified them with green cardboard and added lights inside them and added camo netting with lights on the outside. I haven't seen them since. Wished I bought a couple more but that's all they had in my area.

I used LOR with 24 channels to "Nightmare on Elm Street" audio. I started setting it all up at about 11am, finished at 6pm and took it down after it was all over (I'm paranoid about getting things of this nature stolen or tore up). But I also like to flip the neighbors out having it all tucked away before sunrise :) . Makes them think to themselves, did that happen last night? :)

Now the garage is ready for season #2. The neighbors sloooooowly drive by when the garage door is up, knowing I am working on something for the upcoming season.

Santas Helper wrote:

LORi P wrote:
Will an Admin please delete this thread? I get nervous and sweaty every time I see it. Especially since now there is only a little over 4 weeks left!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Little over 4 weeks???

If you're starting your display up on Thanksgiving, it is now "little over 3 weeks"

No pressure Lori, no pressure LOL:D

Are you trying to give me a nervous breakdown?!? :shock:

Nice Halloween display, by the way. :)

Geez, even my WIFE reminded me last night, when my kiddo asked me "are we working on christmas lights this weekend?.." that "time is running out..."..

When she brings it up, then I panic...:shock:

LORi P wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
LORi P wrote:
Will an Admin please delete this thread? I get nervous and sweaty every time I see it. Especially since now there is only a little over 4 weeks left!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Little over 4 weeks???

If you're starting your display up on Thanksgiving, it is now "little over 3 weeks"

No pressure Lori, no pressure LOL:D
Are you trying to give me a nervous breakdown?!? :shock:

Nice Halloween display, by the way. :)

No Lori, at least not on purpose :D

Oh, 3 weeks from TOMORROW :)

And thank you...

DonFL wrote:

Geez, even my WIFE reminded me last night, when my kiddo asked me "are we working on christmas lights this weekend?.." that "time is running out..."..

When she brings it up, then I panic...:shock:

I know the feeling Don. :)

Got the roof outlined a couple weeks ago and then got busy and then sick. I'm hoping for wreaths, icicles, and snowflake trails by the end of the week and then some yard items over the weekend.

I also want to try a small Weber tree or two for this year but only if I have time.

It is time to quit talking about weeks til startup and begin the countdown in days!!!!

21 Days Til Thanksgiving here in the U.S.A.

My wife is off on Sunday. I'm about 75% complete at the moment. So Sunday, setup will be complete.

Then it's time to test. I hope everything works.

jldavis1969 wrote:

It is time to quit talking about weeks til startup and begin the countdown in days!!!!

21 Days Til Thanksgiving here in the U.S.A.

+1

On the last weeks before Christmas
My Good Boss gave to me
Vacation to set my display !

lol

Still waiting on my DC controllers but have plenty to start on this weekend. Lights and snowflakes on the roof and setting up my controllers stand. Next weekend will be the mega tree. :D

Hey Don, I have several MCO overnites this month, how far are you from SeaWorld, the hotel (Rosen) is right down the street, across from the Convention Center..