Light-O-Rama Forums

6 weeks left to Lights On for many of us...

Santas Helper

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• rgardner518

• BrownOut

• David Grygierczyk

I was doing good til I decided to add another project to the yet ever fast closing deadline. I decided to add one more song.. Hopefully I can get it done during the week and at work during breaks..

Had another great day (weather in the upper 60's :D) for working on the display!! My 33' tall mega tree is now complete and ready for some music,

Attached files 276117=15275-33 Foot Mega Tree (Small).j

David Grygierczyk wrote:

Had another great day (weather in the upper 60's :D) for working on the display!! My 33' tall mega tree is now complete and ready for some music,

I like the way you tree came out. Can I get some pointers?

I'm using 16 channels. How many channels do you use?

I'm thinking 4 colors. So I'm trying to figure how to make this work, if possible. How many colors is yours?

Thanks,

Ray

My mega tree is 26 channels: 12 Channels for the Red LEDs with 24 strands of 100 count lights, so strand 1 and 13 are on the same channel. 2 and 14 are on the same channel and so on. 12 Channels for the Green LEDs with 24 strand of 100 count lights. 1 Channel for my blue star and 1 channel for my white star. All total there are 5,400 lights on the tree. If you need any other info let me know.

David Grygierczyk wrote:

My mega tree is 26 channels: 12 Channels for the Red LEDs with 24 strands of 100 count lights, so strand 1 and 13 are on the same channel. 2 and 14 are on the same channel and so on. 12 Channels for the Green LEDs with 24 strand of 100 count lights. 1 Channel for my blue star and 1 channel for my white star. All total there are 5,400 lights on the tree. If you need any other info let me know.

I like that. I'm still trying to figure out how many lights to do, and then I have to do the sequences. Here is the colors I was going to do. Blue, Green, Red, White, And a 1 channel white star. I can do 32 channels if need be.

I have more than enough 100ct mini's.

Can I ask your option, how you would do it if you where in my shoes, with what I have listed as having. The star I can plug into a channel in one of the other controllers I have. So I want it to look full. So I like your double run idea.

Say 8 channels of each color, doubled. And would you do, red, blue, green, white, red blue, green, white, etc?

Also each string going down. Would you double that so each one has 200 minis per leg?

Sorry ny_yankee_25 but I really can't help with the questions you ask. Unfortunately my computer skills are very limited and that is why "George Simmons" has done all my sequencing for me for the last couple years. His work is fantastic. Then throughout the year I have a neighbor friend come over to help me resolve computer issues. Boy how I wish I had just a small bit of the knowledge that many of the LOR users have here in this forum. However, my mechanical abilities and other resources are not so limited (funds limited :(), so when it comes to building stuff for the display (I work in a welding shop) or setting it all up, I'm ready to go.

Thanks George I greatly appreciate the work you continue to do for me ;).

Thanks Dave. With what you've added, you are definitely gonna have one a$$-kickin display this year. Sorry I'm a bit too far out to take a drive by and check it with my own eyes. But I'll certainly be looking forward to seeing the videos.

David Grygierczyk wrote:

Had another great day (weather in the upper 60's ;)) for working on the display!! My 33' tall mega tree is now complete and ready for some music,

That is one beautiful big tree!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I like that. I'm still trying to figure out how many lights to do, and then I have to do the sequences. Here is the colors I was going to do. Blue, Green, Red, White, And a 1 channel white star. I can do 32 channels if need be.

I have more than enough 100ct mini's.

Can I ask your option, how you would do it if you where in my shoes, with what I have listed as having. The star I can plug into a channel in one of the other controllers I have. So I want it to look full. So I like your double run idea.

Say 8 channels of each color, doubled. And would you do, red, blue, green, white, red blue, green, white, etc?

Also each string going down. Would you double that so each one has 200 minis per leg?

I have a similar mega tree as David. 33' but will have four colors "red, white, blue and then green". Thats the USA colors :) I have 16 channels and run 3 legs of each color side by side. So 48 strands of each color on 16 channels each color. RRR, WWW, BBB, GGG 48 times. Does great for this size of mega tree. If your tree is smaller, you shouldn't need as much but it depends on what you're looking for.

But seriously... do Red, White, Blue and green. It looks/sounds much better :)

HOORAH! Halloween is past and now I can start setting up my Christmas display! :D Would go a lot faster if the boss hadn't decide to leave for two weeks :X Least I got fairly good weather to get going! Hope that falling off the roof doesn't slow me down too much :P

Tom Straub

Will an Admin please delete this thread? I get nervous and sweaty every time I see it. Especially since now there is only a little over 4 weeks left!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

LORi P wrote:

Will an Admin please delete this thread? I get nervous and sweaty every time I see it. Especially since now there is only a little over 4 weeks left!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Little over 4 weeks???

If you're starting your display up on Thanksgiving, it is now "little over 3 weeks"

No pressure Lori, no pressure LOL:D

Halloween teardown done. Starting to put up X-mas stuff :D Neighbors think I'm nuts, but nothing new there :D Least I have a couple of nice days to start out with :P

Tom Straub

I've been putting lights on the house the last couple of weekends. I have a park across the street and people are not shy about asking questions when I'm up on a ladder. The ten foot tree is constructed. This weekend I'm getting a boom lift to help with the snowflake serpentine, the front of the house and the 20 ft Weber tree. So far I'm on schedule. Let's hope the weather holds.:}

During the Halloween haunt last night, I had neighbors coming up and saying "wow, excellent haunt, so when are you starting on Christmas?" I told them, "one season at a time" :cool:

Attached files 276639=15311-DSC01849 (1024x768).jpg