Light-O-Rama Forums

6 weeks left to Lights On for many of us...

Santas Helper

wallleyes wrote:

I am all setup except for my radio sign.

Now that's wrong, totally totally wrong. :P

I mean... don't let hold the radio sign hold you back. J/K :)

Good job!!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• rgardner518

• BrownOut

• David Grygierczyk

Santas Helper wrote:

I'm by no means ready and when I looked at the calendar, I just about sh!t.

As mentioned already, some long nights coming, especially if I dont plan out the next several weekends.

Diddo!

I have only just started. I usually start setup Sept. 1st. Than I run extension cords Oct. 1st. And start testing Nov. 1st. But with new hours at work. I only have Saturdays to setup. And I work the other 6 day 8am to 9pm. Plus I still have to redo the sequences to include the new mega tree, pin wheel, mini trees (maybe), and 4th arch. And to top it off.

WE GOT SNOW TODAY!

I hope it don't stay! First they said rain, then they said maybe some mixed with sleet or snow. Then they said Snow, but it would not stick. But I think they were wrong! Then they said up to 3", in some parts. I'm at about 1" on the grass. Which is seen in the picture. Man it must me nice to be a weatherman...

Attached files 275387=15214-317790_179292775489252_100002255929941_368034_306404474_n.jpg

wbottomley wrote:

At first, I thought you were going to say 3 feet of snow in the picture. lol

lol..you are bad!! so very very bad!!! :P

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
I'm by no means ready and when I looked at the calendar, I just about sh!t.

As mentioned already, some long nights coming, especially if I dont plan out the next several weekends.

Diddo!

I have only just started. I usually start setup Sept. 1st. Than I run extension cords Oct. 1st. And start testing Nov. 1st. But with new hours at work. I only have Saturdays to setup. And I work the other 6 day 8am to 9pm. Plus I still have to redo the sequences to include the new mega tree, pin wheel, mini trees (maybe), and 4th arch. And to top it off.

WE GOT SNOW TODAY!

I hope it don't stay! First they said rain, then they said maybe some mixed with sleet or snow. Then they said Snow, but it would not stick. But I think they were wrong! Then they said up to 3", in some parts. I'm at about 1" on the grass. Which is seen in the picture. Man it must me nice to be a weatherman...

Just curious, can you fill in your location in the info area (under your name/avatar) so we know where it snowed at? ;) I love snow!!!

Our weatherman lie to us all the time and hardly get it right. Nothing like getting paid to lie. :D

Hopefully it melts off to get your display set up.

B-Rock wrote:

Still trying to get Halloween finished before Monday!
Christmas starts the day after.

Me too. I'm taking off Monday and Tuesday to finish Halloween and the next day start Christmas. :cool:

Santas Helper wrote:

Our weatherman lie to us all the time and hardly get it right. Nothing like getting paid to lie. :(

Hope William doesn't see that remark!!!:(

Guest Don Gillespie

shfr26 wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:

Our weatherman lie to us all the time and hardly get it right. Nothing like getting paid to lie. :(

Hope William doesn't see that remark!!!:(

Paid to lie ha, all you have to do is be 20% right or maybe 10% I forget LOL :(

Don Gillespie wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Santas Helper wrote:

Hope William doesn't see that remark!!!:)

They lie up this way a number of times. It was to be nice all week but it was crappy all week. I hope we do not see any of the white flakes until February & I hope it is down in Southern Alberta where I see it and not up this way.

All I need to do is drag out the mini trees after Halloween, and my 4 arches and plug them in and add some cat5 & phone line cables and we are set to go as far as the musical part of the display goes, then do the static part of the display and we are done. Still lots of work left and being that it is cooler now during the day & worse at night, well that make set up a bit yucky.

I am glad the Fan is done, the tree is done and the matrix is very close to being done, but now I need extension cords as I may be short by about 32 cords for the matrix.

I hope to be completely set up for November 25th, but the "Call Of The Wild" keeps leading me to the bush.

Santas Helper wrote:

Just curious, can you fill in your location in the info area (under your name/avatar) so we know where it snowed at? :( I love snow!!!

Our weatherman lie to us all the time and hardly get it right. Nothing like getting paid to lie. :)

Sorry, but I live in Albany, NY. The same place that had all of the bad flooding! We lost power for a wire from the snow. But luckily its all gone and the power is back on.

shfr26 wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:

Our weatherman lie to us all the time and hardly get it right. Nothing like getting paid to lie. :)

Hope William doesn't see that remark!!!:)

Oops :shock:. Sorry William.

I should have added, "Oklahoma" weatherman. :D (unless you're from Oklahoma then we're use to it :()

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
Just curious, can you fill in your location in the info area (under your name/avatar) so we know where it snowed at? :( I love snow!!!

Sorry, but I live in Albany, NY. The same place that had all of the bad flooding! We lost power for a wire from the snow. But luckily its all gone and the power is back on.

Sorry to hear about the flooding and glad to hear power is back on.

The location thing under the avatar (your profile) area will help in the future for any problems you might run into. That's the only reason I kinda mentioned it.

Hope the weather holds out for ya for a great holiday season. :D

Tom

Very good job walleyes you must be onre of the first here to be already ready for Christmas.

Thanks guys.i get off work at noon everyday because of a job change in august.Sure helped with having more setup time.

Guest Don Gillespie

lightzilla wrote:

I hope we do not see any of the white flakes until February & I hope it is down in Southern Alberta where I see it and not up this way.

now how nice is that :P keep the snow north of RedDeer and I'll be fine :P I don't have anything on my roof yet but today is the day to get up there should be done tomorrow on the roof work. :D

Dam weatherman in my area was right for once! They said 3 to 6 inches. I may never get my display up now in time! I was lucky enough to get my new mega tree up today and supported off, before the snow got to heavy to work in. This is why I start setup in Sept. But dam J.O.B. kept me working to much. I got my arches up. But I still need to slide my sleeves on the aches, and run my lights up my tree! And there is no way I'm going to be able to get on the roof now! Plus I have so much more to do...

This is showing how deep it is. I'd guess the 3" is right so far. And its coming but the bucket full! Its that heavy wet packing snow too.

Attached files 275864=15253-IMG_20111029_213757.jpg